Crash after loading the map

Catha

Question

Hello everyone,

I know there are a lot of topics about this bug but I always believe in a solution (sorry if I make mistake it's not my language). I enjoyed to try the game and i'm so desappointed :-/

So here is my problem: the game perfectly start until arrives the last title "this is how you died", the map launch and after all the game crash.. I've read a lot of topics and tried every solution :

- off to 3D, shadows, zoom

- uploading the latest version of java (after I retried with the 7 version)

- update my graphic card

- verify that I launch the good version of the game (32bits)

- And I can't change the option "betaonline" in the steam preference

NB : the game worked so nice in the demo version, I don't know why in the beta version it doesn't work.

And... Now I don't know what to do...

For the information, my computer use windows 7, 32 bits and a graphic card intel chipset family.

Thanks for ur help.

Go to the installation directory of the game by right clicking on Project Zomboid and selecting Properties in the Steam game library then press the Browse Local Files button shown here: http://i.imgur.com/PFy0kmJ.png

While you have these options open, disable the Steam overlay in the General tab.

Find the ProjectZomboid32.bat file (blue gears for an icon, not a red and black egg) and double click it. Once (if) the game crashes, take a screenshot of the console and upload it to imgur.com, linking it here. This will hopefully tell us what's wrong. =)

This indicates the installation is corrupt, possibly just Steam messing it up.

To correct this, you can't just uninstall the game through Steam, as Steam often leaves behind files.

Go back to Properties then the Local Files tab for Project Zomboid. Click Browse Local Files.

Delete everything in the ProjectZomboid directory (Where the above should have taken you).

Then go to C:\users\EG\zomboid (where EG is your Windows account name) and delete this folder as well.

Then reinstall the game through Steam. :)

Hopefully that's all you'll need to do.

Not a single error that I can see, that's... weird. What are your system specs?

Also you mentioned that the demo runs fine, what is the version of the demo? It should be in the lowest right of the main menu. I'll maybe download it and try to run it, see the difference of the settings available and stuff.

Right now I can't come up with any reason why it doesn't run. You could try running it without steam at all, I guess, go to your 

C:/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid 

and run ProjectZomboid32.exe

Also, before you do so, remove your %username%/Zomboid folder.

It could be that the demo created some files that are incompatible with your current PZ version.

I really don't remember the version of the demo, I download the demo yesterday and uninstalled this morning (before downloading the buying version) so it's the version available currently on steam =/

About my system spec : Pentium ® dual core CPU 2.10 GhZ; 4giga RAM; win 7 32bits.

I try the manip and come up with news

Well, I might come off as a heretic but you could still get a refund (Best thing steam did in the past forever).

The support team and I will try to find a solution for you, although your Laptop doesn't seem to be too powerful it should met the basic specs.

Most crashes that happen past the map load are due to the renderer. It would help if you could give me the exact spec of your Intel CPU. I use Pentium G2030, a budget one but it's fairly good with it's Intel HD Graphics unit.

I know it was said but try turning everything off in the options menu, Multi Threading, 3D Models, Turn FPS and Lighting Updates to Minimum, run the game windowed.

Java has problems with Intel GPUs I know that since I tried running Minecracft on a laptop.

Also, did you update your GPU drivers from Intel's website? If not do it, if you used automated system they are usually out of date with the current drivers.

It worked during 10seconds then bug... The screen is stucked.. When I click escape the sound stop and when I reclick escape the music restart so I think the menu/interface still working but my screen is blocked on a fix image and I can't move.

The support team and I will try to find a solution for you, although your Laptop doesn't seem to be too powerful it should met the basic specs.

No, it's well underspec.

At this point, I don't think there's anything else we can suggest, Catha.

I'm sorry. :(

It worked during 10seconds then bug... The screen is stucked.. When I click escape the sound stop and when I reclick escape the music restart so I think the menu/interface still working but my screen is blocked on a fix image and I can't move.

It worked during 10 seconds of what? Did it load beyond the map screen or...? Did anything new appear on the consolet.txt?

A refund ? No way ! =D

Yes I know, my computer is not powerful but all my games run (even in low graphics) and that's why I tried the demo : to see if my system can support the game (and I believed yes until I run the beta version... :'( )

I tried to reduce the graphic option but the game nevermind about this, also the same bug. 

I updated my drivers this afternoon, no change !

About my spec CPU, I really don't know how to find this but here is what I found new : It's Pentium Dual Core T4300 ? If you want more, can you tell me the way to find it ?

Thanks and again thanks for your help and your time =)

Yes, I'm on the map.. I interacted during 5 secs with the interface (in my bag, the debutant guide,...) before the screen get stuck and don't move. Now the game is running, not crash but I can't play... Like if the game was just a picture (I don't know how to explain in a other way - english is not my maternal langage)

About the console.txt, I just noticed that (I don't remember if it was in the older console.txt): 

AngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/fonts/zomboidDialogue.bmfc_0.png
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_0.tga
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 1 texture C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_1.tga
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 2 texture C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_2.tga
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_0.tga
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 1 texture C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_1.tga
AngelCodeFont failed to load page 2 texture C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/font/test_2.tga
WARNING: Found unknown Windows version: Windows 7

Try selecting English language in the options menu and run ProjectZomboid32.exe in C:\Stem\staemapps\common\ProjectZomboid as an admin by Right C Licking in and selecting Run as an Admin.

I'll try to set up a new steam account and get the demo, maybe that will give me a clearer picture.

No, it's well underspec.

At this point, I don't think there's anything else we can suggest, Catha.

I'm sorry. :(

Yes I agree with you. But what I can't explain is why the demo version worked (even in medium quality with all option: 3D,...) and now it's not working with low parameters and option desactivated =/

I really want to thank u for your time taking care about my problem, even it's not fixed =)

Even by the download size I can tell that the Demo is ancient and it really shouldn't be used as a Demo at this point.

It'll take a while to download with my shitty internet connection, I'll take a look at it and maybe work something out.

I the meantime, go to your Intel GPU setup (An icon should be in the taskbar) Find application settings and set everything to optimal (Maximum Performance).

What mode are you trying to run the game in? If it's Sruvival or Sandbox it really might be that you're simply way underspec, try running it in basic Challenge mode or in Tutorial (If you're using IWBUMS Build 32), it has tiny sized maps. If it runs in that, then you just need a better PC to run the game because your PC can't handle the big map.

It's my best guess for now anyway.

I feared this answer =/ !

I tried every time the tutorial and each time I can play 10 seconds before crash ! And can't find the CPU option (for maximized the performance, any icon in my taskbar).

It will be my new resolution : buy a new computer.

Thank you very much for all your help and time taking care of my problems =))

Well, the demo IS ancient, barely, if at all representative of the game's capabilities right now. Unfortunately I won't be able to help anymore :(

Your best bet will be seeking a refund or getting a better PC, I do hope you will get a better PC so we can all have a new player and active member of PZ Forums but the choice is yours of course :P

Here are probably the minimal settings you can get in Build 31\32, I assume you tried those but I'll post them anyway.

17pvyDz.png

Archived