Total zombie limit

LeetgamerBoi

Second that.

Its quite strange that the game gives us the population of the starting cities but at the same time no matter how many you kill you never make your area safe.

I mean, if you kill around 1000+ zombies that should make a diference in the spawn rate of the area you are.

It would make sense that killing a thousand zombies around your base would make it safe.  It would also make it very boring.  Even with the high numbers of zombies now, and how lethal it usually is for me, at least I'm not bored.  

"No place is safeonly safer."

It would make sense that killing a thousand zombies around your base would make it safe.  It would also make it very boring.  Even with the high numbers of zombies now, and how lethal it usually is for me, at least I'm not bored.  

Well, if everything you would need for months to years is located in only a small area then yes it would be boring if your zombie killing spree manages to make the area around your safehouse safe.... that's not the case with this game as far I know...

You are forced by the game to search a lot of areas for supplies and tools so there's no end to the treat of death by zeds hands for you.

In the story/Timeline I read (Way back when Bob and Kate's story was the only play mode) I think it's said that they are coming from city's in the nearby county as the quarantine is pushed back farther and farther.

Even so we are talking about zombies here, not refugees using vehicles that can move fast to any place on the state.

Even if the zombies are coming from other cities, theres a limit on how many are coming to your side of the state and more so, theres a limit on how many become infected in other cities. Thats why (my guess) the devs placed the population number on the map selection when you begin a new game.

That number also should be a reference to the spawn rate in those areas and if by any chance one manages to really put a dent to the total number of zombies in a given area, the spawn rate should automaticaly adjust for that situation.

Well, if everything you would need for months to years is located in only a small area then yes it would be boring if your zombie killing spree manages to make the area around your safehouse safe.... that's not the case with this game as far I know...

You are forced by the game to search a lot of areas for supplies and tools so there's no end to the treat of death by zeds hands for you.

In the story/Timeline I read (Way back when Bob and Kate's story was the only play mode) I think it's said that they are coming from city's in the nearby county as the quarantine is pushed back farther and farther.

Even so we are talking about zombies here, not refugees using vehicles that can move fast to any place on the state.

Even if the zombies are coming from other cities, theres a limit on how many are coming to your side of the state and more so, theres a limit on how many become infected in other cities. Thats why (my guess) the devs placed the population number on the map selection when you begin a new game.

That number also should be a reference to the spawn rate in those areas and if by any chance one manages to really put a dent to the total number of zombies in a given area, the spawn rate should automaticaly adjust for that situation.

I understand that realistically there should be a limit to how many zombies in total there should be over time.  However, eventually everyone sets up shops and starts farming.  If it were realistic, eventually you would run out of zombies.  This game would quickly become a farming simulator, and would be boring.  Back in the day that was what happened.  You eventually looted and killed most of the zombies in your town, and then you could just run around without worry.  That made it very boring end game.  So the fact that they keep coming, regardless if it isn't exactly realistic, is fantastic and keep you in a state of worry throughout the stages of the game.

Then again it is really early in the AM here, and maybe I am missing your point, or arguing it for you.  If so then disregard and cheers! :D

Second that.

Its quite strange that the game gives us the population of the starting cities but at the same time no matter how many you kill you never make your area safe.

I mean, if you kill around 1000+ zombies that should make a diference in the spawn rate of the area you are.

Ahem.. Welcome to the Zombapocalypse my friend  -_-

I don't think that in real life the Zedz would happilly leave you alone when they::

1- hear hammer banging nails into wood,

2- hear and feel trees being chopped down (I've myself IRL chainsawed a bunch of trees as a side job and they sure make a shitton of noise when they fall and the earth also vibrates a shit ton while they fall)  :blink:

3- Smell that beautifully rotten food you've dumped outside of your house (because I wouldnt keep that in the fridge for sure) (hmmm Rotten Lamb Chops must smell like human flesh to them....  :ph34r: )

4- smell your amazing BBQ pork chops while you cook that last fresh meal you have left...

5- smell the wood burning of your campfire :) ! and hear the water boiling (yes, they have better hearing perception then humans) 

6-  hear you scream in agony whilst removing a big sharp piece of glass from your arm and stitching it without morphine or other painkilla's...

7- follow the smell of your blood trail when you're harmed and running back to camp-base-home to get some rest and stitch up and all...

8- since you haven't taken a shower in months, because all the water is cut off, you smell worst then the undead and they can follow that scent if the scent trail is fairly fresh...

9- etc etc etc etc etc

10- every great zombie flick you've seen haven't you realised that they all eventually start migrating to find more food. and food and huh ! fresh human flesh :) ! also if they're in theory like wild animals they probably don't like Canadian weather or Northern American weather so they will start following the warm feel of that red hot sun down south. maybe to a town in Florida where you've already secured your street  with a base and only have those once in a while encounters... got news: there's another few thousand coming your way!!!...  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: now that's realistic  (fedora)

:!:  :!:  :!: OH AND DO NOT FORGET THIS MAAAAAJJJJOOOOORRR FACTOR: THIS GAME IS BASED OFF OF MAX BROOKS WORLD WAR Z NOVEL ! READ IT! AND YOU SHALL LEARN TO KNOW YOUR NEW BEST FRIENDZZZZZ  :!:  :!:  :!:  :eek:

Do not forget: Zombies are Predators, and Predators in the wild, Animals, have great HUNTING, TRACKING, TRAPPING skills  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^

Second that.

I don't think that in real life the Zedz would happilly leave you alone when they::

2- hear and feel trees being chopped down (I've myself IRL chainsawed a bunch of trees as a side job and they sure make a shitton of noise when they fall and the earth also vibrates a shit ton while they fall)  :blink:

3- Smell that beautifully rotten food you've dumped outside of your house (because I wouldnt keep that in the fridge for sure) (hmmm Rotten Lamb Chops must smell like human flesh to them....  :ph34r: )

4- smell your amazing BBQ pork chops while you cook that last fresh meal you have left...

5- smell the wood burning of your campfire :) ! and hear the water boiling (yes, they have better hearing perception then humans) 

6-  hear you scream in agony whilst removing a big sharp piece of glass from your arm and stitching it without morphine or other painkilla's...

7- follow the smell of your blood trail when you're harmed and running back to camp-base-home to get some rest and stitch up and all...

8- since you haven't taken a shower in months, because all the water is cut off, you smell worst then the undead and they can follow that scent if the scent trail is fairly fresh...

9- etc etc etc etc etc

Do not forget: Zombies are Predators, and Predators in the wild, Animals, have great HUNTING, TRACKING, TRAPPING skills  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^

I think we should be able to stand out in the rain naked during heavy rain and clean ourselves.

Hope you like cold showers in the yard :P 

Or let us take baths by filling buckets up from rain collectors or the river and dump it in the tub. 

I mean, if you drop heated rocks into it, it gets hot. 

take those warm rocks out, and get in!

Drains always work even without water. because they passively drip downwards with gravity.

Second that.

9- etc etc etc etc etc

I think we should be able to stand out in the rain naked during heavy rain and clean ourselves.

Or let us take baths by filling buckets up from rain collectors or the river and dump it in the tub. 

Drains always work even without water. because they passively drip downwards with gravity.

Screw that I'm in the the New World now it's a new style --- I like long hair and long rotten beards and blood stained shirts and  and and....  (clyde)

Second that.

9- etc etc etc etc etc

Screw that I'm in the the New World now it's a new style --- I like long hair and long rotten beards and blood stained shirts and  and and....  (clyde)

Sex will be VERY unpleasant to say the least.

Let's just say noseplugs suddenly become valuable.

Better keep that hair tied up tight, cause if a zombie grabs it, it sure as shit isn't letting go.

Well, I am not talking about getting a zombie free area.

Think like in the Walking Dead:

1_ There's a few survivors,

2_ They manage to kill the majority of the zeds in a given area

3_ That makes the area safe for a time only

4_ After a given amount of time more zombies arrive because of migration

If you factor in the future addition of NPCs, the "end game" would never be boring and it will be even more dificult.

Just think about it: The NPCs would (assuming a good AI is implemented) avoid using firearms like we players do because of the noise and thus the risk of attracting zombies toward then. If the area became "safe" from zombies, then the NPCs would not avoid using firearms. More deadly you see....

Well, I am not talking about getting a zombie free area.

Think like in the Walking Dead:

1_ There's a few survivors,

2_ They manage to kill the majority of the zeds in a given area

3_ That makes the area safe for a time only

4_ After a given amount of time more zombies arrive because of migration

If you factor in the future addition of NPCs, the "end game" would never be boring and it will be even more dificult.

Just think about it: The NPCs would (assuming a good AI is implemented) avoid using firearms like we players do because of the noise and thus the risk of attracting zombies toward then. If the area became "safe" from zombies, then the NPCs would not avoid using firearms. More deadly you see....

NPC's should range over a broad area of intelligence, as in some are smart enough not to use guns, some are not.  Maybe some are just insane and scream all the time.  NPC's should not, however, constitute the majority of the threat at any point in the game in my opinion.

NPC's should range over a broad area of intelligence, as in some are smart enough not to use guns, some are not.  Maybe some are just insane and scream all the time.  NPC's should not, however, constitute the majority of the threat at any point in the game in my opinion.

Well thats a problem if what you say became true when NPCs are added to the game.

If the AI of the NPCs is not really smart to avoid using guns (or avoiding the zeds in the first place) or even screaming like a little girl then they will fall easy and quick at the claws of the zombies.

They will not be a treat or even wort our time ingame...

There would not be a point in trying to save or even interact with then...

You see... from a game developer point of view, every addition you make to a game must have its purpose and the players must have a reason to use that addition. Otherwise all your effort to add that or this feature to the game is a loss of time and money in the developing fase.

Well thats a problem if what you say became true when NPCs are added to the game.

If the AI of the NPCs is not really smart to avoid using guns (or avoiding the zeds in the first place) or even screaming like a little girl then they will fall easy and quick at the claws of the zombies.

They will not be a treat or even wort our time ingame...

There would not be a point in trying to save or even interact with then...

You see... from a game developer point of view, every addition you make to a game must have its purpose and the players must have a reason to use that addition. Otherwise all your effort to add that or this feature to the game is a loss of time and money in the developing fase.

Who's to say that NPCs that acted in an incautious fashion didn't operate to draw zombies toward your area?  Kinda like how the random events happen now, but with certain NPCs.  Having NPC's reactions vary drastically adds an element of realism.  And realism is one of the main selling points, right?

But this is all off topic, so for my part I'll stop here. Cheers!