Server bat does nothing.

DarK

Hi there, I've been trying to host a server for myself and a friend to play on but I'm falling at the first hurdle. I've looked everywhere for a solution but I've yet to find one, hence this post. When I run the projectzomboidserver.bat it opens up a cmd window and all that's visible is the games directory, it doesn't do anything else. I've tried deleting and redownloading the bat file, editing it to make sure its pointing to the correct location for Java (tried both 32 and 62bit) I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Theres plenty of help for other issues, just nothing for the .bat file failing to do anything at all. Any help is appreciated!

I'm DEFINATELY not the right person to help....my experience with servers for this game are minimal and limited to my own mistakes...and in Linux.....BUT.....

I was really impatient when I ran the linux shell script to start the server for the first time....which is similar to the windows batch file you're talking about.....It took a few minutes the first time I ran it.  I assumed it had to do with the other stuff going on with the server, but the last time I did it, I went to the men's room after I started it, and when I got back it was running......

Is it possible you're like me, and not waiting long enough for it to run thinking it's hung up?

Terribly sorry, didn't realise that was after my attempt at fixing the thing. Removing the "." didn't change anything and a totally fresh .bat, after deleting and letting Steam redownload looks like this :

xJxCwtm.jpg

Still the same issue.

What happens if you go to the location of the ProjectZomboidServer.bat and SHIFT+rightclick anywhere and than choose "open commandpromt here" (or something along those lines, my Windows is german). You than paste the first line of the bat in there, so everything except the "PAUSE".

What happens if you go to the location of the ProjectZomboidServer.bat and SHIFT+rightclick anywhere and than choose "open commandpromt here" (or something along those lines, my Windows is german). You than paste the first line of the bat in there, so everything except the "PAUSE".

This worked! Thank you!