Vehicle Teasers/Concepts?

Blake81

I haven't been around here for too long, so I just don't know what happened or didn't happen before Build 30.

But, for a long while, I've been wondering of how do the soon-to-be-added cars look.

Are there any concept images or any similar thing that would let me see them? This question is mostly aimed at the Dev guys unless the cars DID show up in some older build, and in such case, I'd be OK with as screencap or two.

Also, if the Dev guys say this thing is secret and that they can't show it yet, I understand. This is just my childish curiosity getting the best of me, hehe.

I believe that this is the only one they've teased. It's the only one I've ever seen at least. :) http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/06/march-to-1-0/

That would be cool but noticed that post was from almost 1 year ago, and nothing they talked about in there is actually in the game.

"

MAP

Right now there are a bunch of areas of the map that are highly undeveloped. Big rectangular chunks of forest, road layouts with no buildings, and of course no lovely Louisville. In line with our plans to stride toward the 1.0 line, Mash, Binky and RingoD will all join forces to really put the map expansion into overdrive.  Louisville, or at least the part on the Kentucky side of the river, Brandenburg, and of course Fort Knox will all be on the agenda, though the latter may need to wait for NPCs to drop so we can get the military in there."

I'd love to see some of this in game

I believe that this is the only one they've teased. It's the only one I've ever seen at least. :) http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/06/march-to-1-0/

That would be cool but noticed that post was from almost 1 year ago, and nothing they talked about in there is actually in the game.

"

MAP

Right now there are a bunch of areas of the map that are highly undeveloped. Big rectangular chunks of forest, road layouts with no buildings, and of course no lovely Louisville. In line with our plans to stride toward the 1.0 line, Mash, Binky and RingoD will all join forces to really put the map expansion into overdrive.  Louisville, or at least the part on the Kentucky side of the river, Brandenburg, and of course Fort Knox will all be on the agenda, though the latter may need to wait for NPCs to drop so we can get the military in there."

I'd love to see some of this in game

It will be, eventually. Before 1.0, which will be the completed game, until those features are in basically and bug fixing is done then it should hit 1.0 but definitely not until all those features are on, presuming development continues as is now. :)

The cars are more or less done, what holds them is map streamming issue in multiplayer (new map cells dont load fast enough to support cars).

They started a work with someone to fix/improve that.

info source: devs posts on this and steam forum + reddit :-)

The cars are more or less done, what holds them is map streamming issue in multiplayer (new map cells dont load fast enough to support cars).

They started a work with someone to fix/improve that.

info source: devs posts on this and steam forum + reddit :-)

I honestly don't care if they're fast. Just put them at max sprint speed and we're good.

What I -really- want cars for a large, mobile container. Specifically for carrying large amounts of wood and taking supplies to a new base.

Motor cycles I think would be best for actual transportation, as they're smaller and likely easier to drive.

Archived