Nonloading cells

SomeRandomGuy

Question

I'm having massive issues with this on the MP server I play on, the admins just upgraded to better hardware and I've been getting this every 5-10 minutes since. The admin suggested I post here for ideas on how to fix it, he tried a few suggestions (lower GFX settings, run in normal instead of 64 bit) but nothing worked.

The area doesn't seem to matter, it happens out in the middle of nowhere in the woods where all there is to load is trees and it happens in the city area where there's a crapton of stuff to load.

My ping is good, usually around 120-130, it gets as low as 80 and high as 180 rarely.

11 answers to this question

I did but I'm still getting nonloading cells every few minutes. I think I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling just to completely rule out any corrupt file issues.

I'm going to tentatively say reinstalling worked, played on Spiffospace for about 15 minutes and didn't run into a nonloading cell.

Nope not on wireless. I never had this issue before either, it just started yesterday. File verification on steam turned up nothing. One thing I forgot to mention is the client will freeze if I try logging out when I run into a nonloaded cell border and the console will say something about delayed packets.

I did very very rarely get a nonloaded cell before but it always cleared itself up if I waited for a few seconds, now it seems like it doesn't matter how long I wait. I'll try logging into the Spiffo server again and just sit and wait when it happens to see if it eventually clears up or not, didn't want to do that on Zeek's server since I have a lot of time invested in my character there and don't want to risk it.

Ok, yeah, waited a good 10 minutes and it never cleared up.

Archived