Missing Item Icons and Zoom problem

the_super_fly

Question

Hello PZ community, I have two problems:

1: Missing Icons for some of the items found across the game.

2: I can't zoom in / zoom out every time i start the game, i have to go to the game menu and select the ENABLE ZOOM option to NO and then back to YES for it to work.

The second one is not so big but maybe it has something to do with the first ?

Hope somebody went through this and fixed it or knows how to fix it....missing_icons.jpg

8 answers to this question

The missing icons could be because of missing textures. You could validate your files through Steam, and see if that fixes it. I don't know about the zoom in/out scenario, are you pressing save when you change it back on? I do know that some of the options in the option menu are a little buggy. I would say it could be doing that if you are playing in compatibility mode, but you can turn it back on, so you must not be playing in comp. mode...

Can't help you much, but someone else probably knows a bit more about this. Hope I at least narrowed down the causes. :P  

The missing icons could be because of missing textures. You could validate your files through Steam, and see if that fixes it. I don't know about the zoom in/out scenario, are you pressing save when you change it back on? I do know that some of the options in the option menu are a little buggy. I would say it could be doing that if you are playing in compatibility mode, but you can turn it back on, so you must not be playing in comp. mode...

Can't help you much, but someone else probably knows a bit more about this. Hope I at least narrowed down the causes. :P  

I've tried reinstalling the game 2 times and also used the "verify the integrity of game cache" option a few times but no success...Regarding the Safe Mode, I'm not running the game that way, I'm running it normal.

My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8500 gt. I've tried searching on Nivida's homepage manually for this card's driver but unfortunately there aren't any (only for 7000 series and 9000, the 8000 are only for notepads).. I used the autoupdate options in the nvidia control panel thinking that it's the graphic card's driver and when i saw it didn't fix it, i thought this forum is my last hope...

This is my Operating System, i think it should run ok.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
       System Model: System Product Name
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
             Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2046MB RAM
          Page File: 1734MB used, 2186MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

OK, so i found this http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/ . I've done what it says in that post and I'm able to see the icons (HAZAAAAA) but i don't like the " at some point I am almost certainly going to hit crippling bugs, and potentially lose progress or worlds" part .... Why does it work when I'm on the public test option and not on normal.....

Archived