Updating server problem

ItsCriminal

Question

Hi all

Yesterday my server ran perfectly fine then a 2mb update came and since then even i updated my server i cant join.

My Server is booting up and is telling me that the version is:

Loading RakNet from: /home/gameserver/pz/projectzomboid
SVN REVISION 964
versionNumber=Early Access v. 31.13 demo=false
post-22288-0-65284600-1429024500_thumb.p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But when i try to join with my game the server it tells me this:

Your version (Early Access V. 31.13) does not match the server version (Early Access V. 31.10)
post-22288-0-36461200-1429024502_thumb.p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is my problem ? Can someone help me?

17 answers to this question

I'm a fan of RDP over shell and puddy. But, I can only assume that something didn't update properly, so I would do as I suggested and just do a full reinstall of the game files. You do not need to delete anything from root/Zomboid/

Alternatively you could wait for Engima to upload his files to dropbox.

even when i do not use the IWUBMS in my commandline, it says the game is up to date and is still on 31.10 on the server, it makes no differents thats so strange, i have no idea what i should try more. can someone maybe help me with commands i should try ?

command:

app_update 108600 validate 

Success! App '108600' fully installed.

but when i try to join its still not updated, i need my server on 31.13

Ok that i did, and nothing changed, my server is still not updated to 31.13 and keeps saying it is on 31.10 even the console is saying while booting up 31.13

do you got another method? maybe files i can grab from somewhere else to check if that might help

/home/gameserver/pz/projectzomboid  

Question.. are you running your server from the same directory as your game?

You may want to copy and paste your game files into the same folder as your server. If it's outside of the steamapps/common/Project Zomboid it's not going to update the server files only your client.

edit: I didn't look through this all the way. Where are you running this server from or who is hosting this? If you have full access to this server I would suggest deleting all of the game files on the server and redownload them.

Huh, alright. I get the same problem trying to connect to your server -- that it's build 31.10. This is just strange that SteamCMD isn't updating the game correctly . . .

I'll zip the installation directory on my linux server and upload it to dropbox, I suppose. Going to take a little while for it to upload.

I'm a fan of RDP over shell and puddy. But, I can only assume that something didn't update properly, so I would do as I suggested and just do a full reinstall of the game files. You do not need to delete anything from root/Zomboid/

I did now your advise and after now 20 time doing it over and over again it worked out for me :D

thanks to Zeek and EnigmaGrey for the perfect support. :)

Ok well i tried it with the command 

"app_update 108600 -beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword iaccepttheconsequences"

what i found in a tut here on the forum but this does nothing, maybe it helps if i say im running a unix machine, if i try the command like this

"app_update 108600 beta iwillbackupmysave betapassword iaccepttheconsequences"

it tells me this error message 

"ERROR! invalid password for beta '1'"

Archived