Microsoft XBOX controller not working

Brassy

Question

So, I'm having issues with the game and controller compatiblity.   SOMETIMES the XBOX USB controller works in Sandbox or Survial mode.  Only sometimes though.   The controller NEVER works for Online Server play with friends.  

Please please fix this issue as I love the game so far, but I only play games via controller.

9 answers to this question

lets ask the easy questions first,

1. do you have the controller plugged in before you start the game? if not, i found that can cause an issue getting the controller recognized in my game

2. have you gone into the Options menu and activated your controller, then pressed the Save button in the bottom right corner?

1. do you have the controller plugged in before you start the game? if not, i found that can cause an issue getting the controller recognized in my game

Yes

2. have you gone into the Options menu and activated your controller, then pressed the Save button in the bottom right corner?

Yes many times.

And the big one: it wireless and therefore prone to sleeping?

Nope, it's the USB one.

Do you happen to have a second controller you could test with? My initial guess is there may be something starting to fail your current one, but try just plugging it in a different USB port prior to starting the game up (ideally one on the back of the computer, if you have front USB ports). This, of course, wouldn't explain the multiplayer part, though.

? My initial guess is there may be something starting to fail your current one,

I don't think as it plays fine, with every other game I have installed on Steam.  

I'll try the other USB port, but really the strange issue is I can get to work after a few tries in Sandbox or Survial but NEVER has it worked in Mulitplayer/Server Mode.   ever.  

Archived