General Carpentry / Make Keys

Golde

I think the trait carpentry should be replaced by General Craftsmanship. With the new addition of Keys, I think it's appropriate to be able to reproduce existing keys by acquiring a file and a blank key, so me'n a friend can share doors.

I think the trait carpentry should be replaced by General Craftsmanship. With the new addition of Keys, I think it's appropriate to be able to reproduce existing keys by acquiring a file and a blank key, so me'n a friend can share doors.

File and blank keys sound great.

Or you could put key making as a recipe for a Tinkering skill. I think Tinkering would be awesome for all jury rigged crafting:

Keys

Makeshift Blades and Blunt Weapons

Molotov Cocktail

Pipe Bomb

Lock picking tools

Makeshift protective gear

Broken item repair

Makeshift Bags

Dollies/Hand Trucks

Zombie Traps

Upgrades to existing weapons and items

Water Filters

It's pretty hard to get keys right with a file. I make them at work sometimes. Not saying it's impossible, it's just challenging and you have to know which blank to use (there's thousands of different kinds, easily over 200 that are used regularly, and they aren't at all interchangeable). Just some facts.