Leadership skill.

Necromatic_Corgi

We already have a couple of traits that influence your interactions with NPCs, so why not? It would be cool to have another skill that doesnt just show how much time did you spend grinding it/looking for skill books, but instead shows if your character really is a veteran survivor.

I'd rather have it called speechcraft, if it's a skill, just basically how you get along with people.

Leadership could be a trait that'd give a boost to it and/or if the system gets in-depth enough, have it negate some different trait opinions, similar to CK2. Eg. you're kind and other one is cruel, they have a negative buff to each other's disposition. The leadership trait could negate that.

CK2 has some great systems disposition systems and if you just combine that with basic elements of rpg, you have a pretty darn in-depth character system. Then it's just a matter of creating different personality types and voilà, you've got an "endless" supply of unique (hopefully moddable) characters. And with the behavior trees we can create an endless supply of behaviors for them. = No end to fun! :D

This is how I'd imagine the workings with NPC relationships, thinking as the devs are big RPG fans and have cited CK2 as an influence on a few occations.

This is something i would like to see, altough i dont think the skill should be called leadership, like Suomiboi said. I think it should be like this: the higher the skill, the better you can prevent riots/fights/leaving. It should also keep your survivors happy.

Maybe you could also increase it by talking to other survivors, and choosing clever text bars. it could also be used to increase trust with the leader and survivors of group. Anyway, thats my opinion on the subject.