Resting on Floor

CaptKaspar

Why not allow characters to 'Rest' anywhere, including the floor or ground? I know if I stay immobile my endurance regens in 30.9, but I'd like to sit down on the ground and rest.

Let's say I just killed a dozen zombies in the middle of the street and I am worn out. The area appears completely clear, why not just sit down and catch my breath for a bit? There are no observable threats anywhere within sight. It might not be the most comfortable, but it'll do if needed.

I don't think a chair, couch, or bed is needed to 'rest', but if they're used then you're 'resting' recovery should be faster.

(We really need animations for 'resting')

I agree with the idea behind the thread, but this is why I'd advocate passive recovery of exertion over the active resting mechanic. I'd get rid of resting entirely and make it so that the amount of exertion you recover naturally while standing still is equivalent. I think it's more elegant than altering every non-strenuous activity in the game (reading, etc) to recover exertion.

Passive recovery of some degree (several variations in speed) already exist. Having the option o actively rest shouldn't be so much of a problem due to this. For that reason, it's unlikely to be removed.

I'd also like to see the ability to actively rest anywhere in the game. Depending on where you spawn, it can be difficult to both escape the undead's clutches and get to a piece of appropriate furniture. It'd be a simple mod to make, though, so it isn't necessary for TIS to do this, if they don't choose to.