Animal Suggestions

Gustav

Well I recently learned that animals are eventually going to be added that alone is awesome but I have some suggestions for animals when they're added. I would've included Rats but I did another post about them and it isn't in the interest of I to spam...

Rabbit

I think adding Rabbits when animals are added would be good for a couple reasons:

1. Rabbits are one of the 6 animals you can set traps for so this would make sense because now you need to leave the area to catch the animals because currently they aren't in the game in a living variant and it would make the game more "realistic".

2. The Rabbits could eat your crops while they're growing to keep farming from getting to overpowered and it would add reason to keep your farms protected in Barbed Wire Fencing. You could also plant crops to attract lots of rabbits for you to eat that would be cool.

3. The Rabbit could be able to jump high making a reason to build Barbed Wire Fences because Rabbits can jump even high fences because now theres no reason to make a Barbed Wire Fence.

4. The Rabbits could also have Burrows where they spawn, retreat in danger, and these Burrows would be in the Woods exclusively but as the cities become more overgrown these might start showing up in the cities in small numbers...

Squirrel

I think adding Squirrels when animals are added would be good for a couple reasons:

1. Squirrels are one of the 6 animals you can set traps for so this would make sense because now you need to leave the area to catch the animals because currently they aren't in the game in a living variant and it would make the game more "realistic".

2. The Squirrels could add some "Atmosphere" to the game and could be a source of food in case of danger but could also be an annoyance because they would eat food left outside.

3. The Squirrels could spawn and retreat to trees making them exist in cities and the woods but as the cities become more overgrown the added Trees make added Squirrels!

Raccoon

I think adding the Raccoon when animals are added would be good for a couple reasons:

1. The Raccoon is a persistent and durable creature that would probably survive well into the Apocalypse.

2. The Raccoon could be as in Real Life a scavenger. Leaving a door or window open (broken windows count as open except as with Zombies and Players it will damage you to climb through) would let the Raccoon climb though and raid your food surplus!

Bear

I think adding Bears (I'm unaware what kinds of Bears live in Kentucky but anyone would do) when animals are added would be good for a couple reasons:

1. Bears are vicious and persistent creatures that would probably survive into the Apocalypse.

2. Bears could be rare but dangerous foes and would normally be far away but in the Woods they'd be prowling around looking for Lunch! But as the cities become more overgrown and vegetation starts to recover you might be able to see a Bear in the distance scavenging food from Garbage Cans!

Wolf

I think adding Wolves would be good because:

1. Wolves are intelligent social creatures that could probably survive in the Apocalypse.

2. Wolves are hunters and scavengers meaning they'd hunt Players and Small Animals down for food but would also follow trails of Zombie Corpses making a reason to clean them up.

3. Wolves are woodland creatures meaning they'd rarely encounter you outside of the Woods but as the cities become more overgrown Wolves might wander into you now and again.

Mice/Rats

I did another post on Mice and I wouldn't want to spam so you can use the search bar and search for "Mice" thats what I called the post.

Rabbits are deffo planned! If you check the mondoid blog posts a few months back, you'll see that they've actually made models for them. They'll be introduced with the hunting system most likely along with some other animals.

Cool. Do you agree the Rabbits should attempt to eat your crops? And I couldn't find the Blog...

Rabbits are deffo planned! If you check the mondoid blog posts a few months back, you'll see that they've actually made models for them. They'll be introduced with the hunting system most likely along with some other animals.

Cool. Do you agree the Rabbits should attempt to eat your crops? And I couldn't find the Blog...

Sure they should eat crops.

Here's the link to the blogpost: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/02/bring-out-your-zeds/

Sure they should eat crops.

Here's the link to the blogpost: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/02/bring-out-your-zeds/

OOOOOOOOH! THATS THE MONDOID BLOG!

Bears  Rare but a hungry bear found in the forest might spice things up! especially because you'll need to use a range attack to put it down rather than almost certain death trying to take it on with a melee weapon, and the pelt could be removed for winter clothing and meat to eat. Plus the animal might take out a few zombies for you if you play your cards right. 

Deer  For hunting and securing food 

Racoon broken windows and open doors let the hairy critters in and steal some of your food stash!