Way too much rain in Survival Mode

argenex

Question

It has rained every single day for the last 5 months that my guy has been alive.

if it doesn't rain once, it rains twice within a 24 hour period, or three times.

I've had several days where it just rains the whole 24 hour period as well.

Is there some way this can be lessened? It's really absurd and it rains more than Seattle, Washington.

I grew up around Kentucky and believe you me, it doesn't rain every danged day all year 'round.

I know that sandbox might give me more control over that, but honestly I just like playing survival so I am not mucking about with things. But raining every single day is silliness.

13 answers to this question

Might be worth reinstalling the game, because that's not possible. In game rain is modeled off of real rainfall data for Muldraugh, KY.

Edit: And you can change that in sandbox if you want. You can swap that and not touch any of the other settings if you'd like.

I literally just reinstalled the game, not sure how that would affect it.

It rains everyday on every save that I have, and the main save that I have been playing is with the most recent install, fresh save/character/world.

It's terribly annoying.

I guess I can delete the game and install again. I don't see what that's going to do exactly.

How do I save my savegames?

Are they the ones in the users/username/Zomboid folder? Is that all I need to save?

Sure wish there was a simpler way like game options or something instead of being forced to nuke from orbit.

Well I completely reinstalled the game...

3 minutes in it is raining again.

I guess I'll see if it keeps raining.

Edit: it wouldn't be such a nuisance if I could at least dry all of these wet towels, but since I can't it's terribly annoying and hindering.

Not really; we get periods of that much rain frequently. It rains for more than 24 hours straight down south plenty of times. There's nothing that says it's pouring the entire time.

Note that you're starting the game in early spring, the rainiest time of year. Having frequent rain is perfectly normal; storm systems can last for days at a time.

Not really; we get periods of that much rain frequently. It rains for more than 24 hours straight down south plenty of times. There's nothing that says it's pouring the entire time.

Note that you're starting the game in early spring, the rainiest time of year. Having frequent rain is perfectly normal; storm systems can last for days at a time.

Except that my save is 6 months in and it has rained every damned day. I've killed around 1500 zeds, built a giant base. It's now the end of January. 01/27 in-game time. Sorry I was referencing the total amount that it has rained, not just restarting.

I lived in the Cincinnati area for 19 years. It doesn't rain every single day for 5 to 6 months straight.

I created a sandbox game, and set it to dry.

It's raining and the first day isn't over yet.

You seem to think I'm lieing to you or making it up. I'm not kidding at all, it rains everyday in Survival Mode. I have no interest in starting over again in Sandbox,

which doesn't seem to be working because it's raining anyway.

*Shrug* As said, it's supposed to be random-ish and based on the location. As far as I'm aware, you're the only one to report that it rains constantly. And, as indicated, setting the game to dry should make it rain less . . . how much less, I'm not really sure.

Either way, have this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qpg03rb7r8y29o/stopraining.zip?dl=0

Add the mod to %username%\zomboid\mods and unzip it. Then, in the main menu, go into Mods and activate it. Press save. It should stop rain for that day, on that save.

Hopefully. Yep, looks like it works.

Archived