Fullscreen Mode help

Grayson

Question

So I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 64 after upgrading from 12. On neither has full-screen functioned. It remains windowed at full-screen size. On 14.04, it now also locks the mouse to the window. On 12, I'd fix this by exiting and entering fullscreen again. To do so, I needed to drag the window down into a different workspace, where I could actually reach the options button. Because the mouse locks on 14.04 (or maybe since an update?), I can no longer drag the window. So if the game starts in fullscreen, I'm simply f-ed and have to reboot my computer.

I am aware that I can just delete the options file and get it back to a smaller, windowed resolution.

But that's a pretty crappy solution, especially when forgetting to do that before I start it up, each time, means having to reset my system.

Is there any solution to this? It's a problem that's existed since PZ came out on steam.

6 answers to this question

I had a similar issue on Mac, but it only happens if I change the resolution to max before enabling fullscreen. What I did was: I deleted the config file and when I opened the game for the first time I changed to fullscreen, and then I changed the resolution. I don't know if it's the same issue, but at least it worked for me.

But it worked--thanks a bundle!

By the way, in case anyone comes across this: The difference was saving the options before changing to full-screen resolution. Trying to do both without saving in-between still got the issue.

Archived