Blankets, Sleeping bags, Maybe even a Snuggies

Vonholtz

Ok yes I have put in a few suggestions. I get more likes then feedback on my suggestions, But this will not stop me from making what I think are good suggestions.

So what is my latest suggestion well it simple. My current game I have made it 3+ months. And my toon starting to get cold every night. Now a sweeter will fix it. But I some time forget to put it on (I am running a rain parka mod). So I was thinking to help later with cold blankets, sleeping bags, and a snuggies (realy that parts a joke).

You just put the blanket or sleeping bag in your inventory and when you go to sleep it keep you warm at night. It may only work when you are sleeping. I am not sure if it should work at any other times. So what do you all think?

i feel like having a blanket in the secondary slot could represent you having a blanket over your shoulders/wrapped around you while still moving about, maybe sitting around the fire at night.

i know i do that quite often when camping at 7500 foot altitude.

I can see that. In the secondary slot it keeping you from getting a full swing with a two handed weapon. Good added on to the blanket idea.

No idea, I just find the idea hilarious and think snuggies, as comfortable as they may be, to look like cultist robes.

LoL well if you have never seen "The Omega Man" you might want check it out. It is a 1971 movie stared Charlton Heston. It was first a move in 1964 staring Vincent Price called "The Last Man on Earth". In 2007 it was redone staring Will Smith under the book right and proper name "I am Legend". It a book by Richard Matheson and it was inspiration behind the 1968 film "Night of the Living Dead". You can say it the grandfather of the zombie apocalypse stories.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067525/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Sorry if i am showing my age and bring up all this old stuff. But I can not help it. :D

Oh no, not at all. Mind- I am surprised I haven't heard of that movie given I am a fairly big Charles Heston fan (I have seen I Am Legend though, and read the book. Great book, no denying that.)

I remember his role in the old planet of the apes movies and such. He was in Soylent Green too wasn't he? Coulda sworn he was, there was some fairly good actors in that.

Oh no, not at all. Mind- I am surprised I haven't heard of that movie given I am a fairly big Charles Heston fan (I have seen I Am Legend though, and read the book. Great book, no denying that.)

I remember his role in the old planet of the apes movies and such. He was in Soylent Green too wasn't he? Coulda sworn he was, there was some fairly good actors in that.

"Soylent Green is people!!!" yep that was Charlton Heston. all right. He did a lot of the books turned in to movies in the late 1960's and 1970's. If you do watch The Omega Man Heston is good in it just don't laugh to hard at the bad zombies. It a lot of people in cultist robes(that's why I thought you were talking about it) with white face makeup who talk and are not realy zombie like. but they hate the light and fight realy bad LoL.

I too like this idea a lot.

It would also be nice if you could lay out a sleeping bag anywhere as a way to sleep in the wilderness. Or maybe even add tents as an item.

There are tents kits that you can find or craft that let you camp in the wilderness.  I think it need tent stakes wooden sticks and a tarp. Maybe a number of some of the parts I have never made one yet or even used a tent kit in game yet.

There are tents kits that you can find or craft that let you camp in the wilderness.  I think it need tent stakes wooden sticks and a tarp. Maybe a number of some of the parts I have never made one yet or even used a tent kit in game yet.

Oh, cool! Sorry I'm still fairly new to the game. I'm on my 5th character right now and I've got him to survive 20 days thus far.

But thank you for the info I will have to make one of those on my next character who will be the security guard occupation.

• 4 months later...

I was just thinking that maybe it would be possible to use a blanket as a cover for broken windows. Maybe those could be used to cover barbed fences too? But at least for windows to protect yourself from scratches!

This is like the thing I suggested with hunting. You could skin animals and make fur blankets! + 500 warmth

The blanket in the secondary slot reminds me of Linus though.

This is a good idea! That way we would also get some weight for the blanket and then it would be a consideration whether to carry the blanket around or not. Just the weight of a sheet is too little for this purpose i think.