Umbrella and Rain Slickers

Vonholtz

Ok first off I am new and this is my first Suggestion. So I am sorry if it been made before. And if it has been made it a good idea. :)

Umbrella would keep the rain 100% off you when out side. But it would use one hand to hold it and you can not run with it up. The umbrella could be used as a weapon when closed up. But it would not last long used this way.

Rain slickers would take the spot of the chest clothing. But would be warm to wear all the time if not used in the rain. It would let you run and leave you the use of both hands. But the rain slicker would not stop the rain 100%. It would just slow down the rate at which your character get wet.

I know this is kind of a basic thoughts on this and I am sure there are many reason they would not work. But it a thought and maybe one that can be taken and run with to help the game be even more fun that it is now.

I love this suggestion, I could've sworn that somebody suggested it before, but I'm not sure, but either way, yeah, we really need a way to keep the rain off.

But something tells me that it wont be used much, considering shotguns and rifles are going to use both hands, and melee weapons are much more usefull with both hands.  :mellow:

I love this suggestion, I could've sworn that somebody suggested it before, but I'm not sure, but either way, yeah, we really need a way to keep the rain off.

But something tells me that it wont be used much, considering shotguns and rifles are going to use both hands, and melee weapons are much more usefull with both hands.  :mellow:

Yep you will have to chose to use a two hand weapon or stay dry. Like a lot of things in this game it has pro and cons. And thank you for the remarks most of the time I make a suggestion like this people just troll it. It show me that there is a nice group of people here on the PZ forums. :)

Ok first off I am new and this is my first Suggestion. So I am sorry if it been made before. And if it has been made it a good idea. :)

Umbrella would keep the rain 100% off you when out side. But it would use one hand to hold it and you can not run with it up. The umbrella could be used as a weapon when closed up. But it would not last long used this way.

Rain slickers would take the spot of the chest clothing. But would be warm to wear all the time if not used in the rain. It would let you run and leave you the use of both hands. But the rain slicker would not stop the rain 100%. It would just slow down the rate at which your character get wet.

I know this is kind of a basic thoughts on this and I am sure there are many reason they would not work. But it a thought and maybe one that can be taken and run with to help the game be even more fun that it is now.

I had to click this to find out what rain slickers are.... (I'm ashamed with myself)

I would love to see this, and it's a great thought, but something deep inside me tells me it won't be added unless in mod form. We'll just have to see.  :-|

I had to click this to find out what rain slickers are.... (I'm ashamed with myself)

I would love to see this, and it's a great thought, but something deep inside me tells me it won't be added unless in mod form. We'll just have to see.  :-|

LoL sorry I could have said rain coat. But I am a old guy and I use the odd words to show my age. :lol:

LoL sorry I could have said rain coat. But I am a old guy and I use the odd words to show my age. :lol:

No, I'm glad you did! Now I can be more diverse in my vocabulary!

To be quite honest, we need two more clothing slots. One for a coat/rain slicker/jacket/or even a trash bag with holes cut in it (favorite redneck rain coat in the south) and the other for the most important feature Project Zomboid will ever implement... HATS!.

(Imagine... wool caps for winter, cowboy hats, smokey the bear hats/sheriff/highway patrol hats, baseball hats, rare helmets, etc. etc.) :P

Hats would be orgasm-o-tastic! But though I not use them in real life, I'd like the idea of umbrellas and rain coats. And I think they would get more important with every day; since the weather can be even more harsh and no buildings can be found, once the Erosion Era begins, muhahahaha (can't wait for this)! 

But to keep it serious: I'd think twice before running into the rain without guard while it's Dec or Jan and freezing cold outside. It would even get more important with changing rain per metre and having a crazy thunder storm with heavy rain & hail.