More immersive melee combat

Aardman55

Right now, you basically walk around and click on zombies killing them or pushing them away.

I've been thinking some more immersive / stylish kill moves would be cool, like when you use the kitchen knife, your player rams the knife up their chins.

I don't want to talk to much about this so this would be my idea:

I think this shouldnt be for all weapons if youre gonna implement it.

Only the one hit kill ones, like the fire axe, and later in maybe an katana or machete.

On humans it would be the modded baseball bats, the fire axe, if you add it in the machete etc anything bladed that would do an instakill.

Hm, now where is Fj45 with a post regarding how everything will be added at one point...ah well. Also I feel like katanas and such were discussed somewhere else as not being added, as you won't normally find authentic katanas in Kentucky. But I can imagine some cool machete finishers, like a head slice or something. Or a skull split fireaxe finisher. Good idea, but I feel like it was mentioned somewhere before. Might be classified as

[y]    More animations

Under "commonly suggested suggestions". Although it's kinda vague in just saying more animations, so +1 for interesting idea.

What about unarmed combat? Like prying a zombies skull off or gouging the eyes in, though I am not sure you can dig in deep enough to destroy there brain. Of course this would take awhile and wouldn't be a smart idea if you are fighting more then one zombie. I know you can stomp them to death, but I think more ways to kill them unarmed would be nice.

would love to see you try to pry a zombies skull off, when you have only your hands.

No kidding. Good luck killing a zombie without a weapon. ;)

The animations you talk of tend to be a little arcade like though... PZ is going for a more representational simulation sorta thingy for its combat, I think. Who knows. 

The animations you talk of tend to be a little arcade like though... PZ is going for a more representational simulation sorta thingy for its combat, I think. Who knows. 

Well it could be over time you character turns into a psychopath after killing hundreds of thousands of zombies to the point where gruesome, showoff deaths are a norm. If anything, you could stave off boredom by hitting a home run with a zombie's head and a baseball bat.

[y]    More animations

Under "commonly suggested suggestions". Although it's kinda vague in just saying more animations, so +1 for interesting idea.

Guess that pretty much applies here. Ill just remind everyone that animations are very time consuming so this would be something implemented during the beta.

Well it could be over time you character turns into a psychopath after killing hundreds of thousands of zombies to the point where gruesome, showoff deaths are a norm. If anything, you could stave off boredom by hitting a home run with a zombie's head and a baseball bat.

Maybe if your survivor was a psychopath to begin with.