Server Management Tool?

PandaAttack1

Hi guys!

I set up a server for me and a couple of friends on a CentOs 6 machine running a Win7 virtual server. Everything is running fine, but I am stuggling on the management side of things.

We want the server to save our world automatically every few hours. I also want the players who are marked as moderators to be able to do the following:

1. Save the world at any point.
  2. Teleport themselves and other players.

I want the server to remain as close to vanilla as possible. My friends and I want to join the same world everytime we want to play, with our stock piles and barricaded building.

I know I could log off and log in with my Admin user everytime we are done playing, but that requires a lot of effort that I think should be automated.

How should I go about to achieve this? I tried looking for management mods, but I can't find any.

This might be a handy tool for your admins: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8149-server-admin-toolsv2/

/save

Of course this would require your players to be admins which might not be what you want. However it's the only way I can really think of doing this, without programming more usergroup options (which I imagine would be quite the feat) or RCON which isn't available currently.

I need to setup a MC server to see how it works and how I can adapt it to PZ, everyone keep telling me that's awesome :D

Not much is different, you got some world options like changing date, time and weather. One of the big things though is being able to admin a server through a terminal, and even have the terminal chat to players in game.