Automatic zombies/loot respawn

nwr

Hello.

Will be nice to see automatic zombies/loot respawn option for multiplayer server with some period(once a day/week/month) and amount. I think now with the new public server browser this option is needed bigger than ever.

I would like that too.  I am actually very confused how zombie spawning works.  The one thing I keep hearing is that there are a set number of zombies and events like gunfire/helicopters redistributes them,  but I have actually seen zombies spawn (fade into the game) right next to me.

I think a little clarity on how zombie spawning works and an option on where to spawn them, or even a schedule-plus-location on automtica spawning, would be welcome.

It's supposed to be a simulator for survival. Loot won't respawn IRL... That would make a bad simulator.

DayZ and other survivalgames has the respawning feature and it isn't realistic..

Instead, they should make a larger sized map. That would increase the playtime alot.

After you got the things you need, you can make a safeplace and farm.. Not going outside and not needing loot..

Also, there will be NPC's, we don't know how they will interact with the game yet, maybe there will be other groups of survivors coming through town, leaving stuff behind...  (now that's a good suggestion for the suggestion forum ;) )

I think you guys should try more getting the realism in the game, than to make the game more fun.. That way, it will become more fun automaticly ;)

I am not down for "loot respawn," but I am down with with modular control on zombie respawn or zombie spawn events.  And of course I am still curious how/if zombies spawn and how many there are in a given game.

On a related note, I just had an idea.  We all know that when society collapses it can happen in days.  Most towns don't even have enough food to feed the population past 3 days if infrastructure breaks down.  Widespread looting and destruction is almost an immediate consequence.

How cool would it be if you had some control over how ravished the city is?  There could be a slider that the more you drag it to the right the higher percentage of windows (and to a lesser extent doors) are broken.  It is cool to see over time the zombie bodies and looted houses go up, but I think it would add some nice flavor if you could accelerate the physical decay.

Maybe there could even be a seperate slider that the higher it goes up the more loot is lost and the greater amount of loot is moved from the map into random groups in various houses/locations from horders.  Scavenging for survival is SUPER FUN, and/but as the map gets filled out the urgency goes down. I want trapping, fishing, et cetera and am glad we are getting more items, but it does weaken the scarcity paranoia.  Having a decay/horder slider would be a way to make hunting for resources more suspensful.

Once NPCS are reintroduced it could really add some options for interesting interaction.

I wouldnt' call this an official suggestion I am making, but it is a thought that popped into my head that might give the game more variety.  BTW, this is by far my favorite game right now.  

I love it and I love the direction it is going. Even if development stopped, I have gotten more then my monies worth.

I think a little clarity on how zombie spawning works and an option on where to spawn them, or even a schedule-plus-location on automtica spawning, would be welcome.

Clarity, for the newcomers, on how the spawning (or lack of) currently works. Or at least last I heard...

At present the meta-game migrations (as they were commonly referred to) are disabled, which means the only thing redistributing Zombies around the map at the moment is the meta-game events (gun shots, helicopter, etc), and player generated alerts (house alarms, running, etc) so it is possible to 'completely' clear an area as Zombies will only be shifting around near the player at any time.

There is no additional Zombie spawning active at present, so the Zombies at the start of your game are all you have to play around with, for now...

The Zombies that appear to be spawning, are abstract Zombies being assigned a 'physical' body. To manage the vast amounts of Zombies throughout PZ, they cannot all be 'actual' Zombies at any given time - so they are stored abstractly as densities, or counts of Zombies per given area.

Only Zombies within range of the player actually seeing them on-screen (well, likely plus a little bit further than just the edge of the screen) are given a 'physical' form for the player to interact with, all other Zombies are just abstract numbers. Then, on the flip side, when the player moves far enough away from a Zombie, it is turned back into nothing more than a number, so the resources used for the Zombie can be re-used on another one elsewhere.

That's the simple explanation, anyway. It's actually a bit more complex than that, and the Devs are working on tweaking things so that Zombies won't be 'spawning' into an area around the player that they should have had no way of getting to (fenced off enclosures and such), before re-implementing general Zombie migrations in the meta-game, I believe.

Clarity, for the newcomers, on how the spawning (or lack of) currently works. Or at least last I heard...

That's the simple explanation, anyway. It's actually a bit more complex than that, and the Devs are working on tweaking things so that Zombies won't be 'spawning' into an area around the player that they should have had no way of getting to (fenced off enclosures and such), before re-implementing general Zombie migrations in the meta-game, I believe.

Thank you so much. It is nice to have that clarified in my mind. Without any explanation that seemed comprehensive, all the smaller posts just added more questions.  I appreciate it.