Server mods & maps a stuff around

kingperish

I've had enough of stuffing around with this game, mods and maps on servers with specific client versions that have given me a headache. Isn't there one server with one game on one map that I can play multiplayer because I'm getting super annoyed. Everytime I get on a server the next thing I know I need to download a map file or I need to change my client version or I can't load waterpipes, it's done my head in and I'm extremely mad. Otherwise I can't be stuffed with this game and I will accept the fact it's a broken game and it's not worth my time. So mad....

the game is NOT broken, you are just having a small run of bad luck.

anytime you have a game that allows mods and community made maps, you will run into the same thing. people like variety in their gaming choices and adding a mod here or there allows them to tailor the game to what they want it to be.

It should be under complaints wherever with the 50,000 other important messages this game dishes out per week... I was on a server til they added Dreadwood and then I added Dreadwood to my maps folder and it still doesn't work. Now I have to change server or delete my whole pz file content and restart the process, it's taken me 3 hours for nothing, it's so complicated for someone like me who just wants to build a base on a server with other people

Multiplayer was meant for small 1-6 people groups not meant to be on a massive scale so more like co-op than mmorpg. Although hopefully later people will make a medieval mod and it will be awesome.

the game is NOT broken, you are just having a small run of bad luck.

anytime you have a game that allows mods and community made maps, you will run into the same thing. people like variety in their gaming choices and adding a mod here or there allows them to tailor the game to what they want it to be.

I think I'm having more than just a small run of bad luck, since I've owned the game for over a year and it's been the same everytime: "Get this Build, type this in, mod this, add this map, run this version, move to new server." 

Just to connect to a server on this game is the most frustrating thing I've ever had to do on a computer

Has multiplayer even been in for longer than a year? 

I'm new here, only been playing for a week, just setup a server as there was none in my country.

Server setup was the easiest I have come across and joining the server, finding builds was a piece of cake.

TBH, this game is the most complete of any early access/alpha games I've played in the last few years.

Sad that it caused you such distress and frustration, at least you can play singleplayer without these problems right?

Multiplayer is a very new thing in the game, using mods with multiplayer even newer and not yet completely supported. It definitely isn't a hassle-free experience yet and the kinks are still being worked out. If you still happen to be reading this still, despite being done with the game, I recommend specifically reading through the server listing for servers that don't use mods (including map mods). Those should be more in line with the hassle free experience you're looking for.