Really ez 2 add and handy MP suggestions

chthonic

I've been playing quite a bit of mp recently on a russian RP server (rp feels freaking godlike for zomboid, if you ask) and I've faced some issues that are real annoying and at the same time easy to fix:

1) an option to pack up cigarettes, same as bullets and nails. They take really long to unpack and move between containers as of now. Real ez to add, like 20 lines in recipes.txt? Btw, there's a weird bug, when it says "eat" instead of "smoke" on a cigarette.

2) remove, or nerf the unhappiness modifier from cigarettes. My rp character smokes from time to time and is in like permadepression because of that. 5 cigarettes a day leading to suicidal thoughts? Kinda unrealistic, is it? Again, extremely easy to fix

3)  see if a gun is loaded and make an option to unload it. It's very annoying and unnatural the way it is now. If I want 15 bullets from that dead guy's pistol, I have to keep the pistol (which weighs 2, a bit too much for 15 bullets). Unloading weapons should be a piece of cake to add for monster coders like RJ.

4) a way to leave notes? Again, very uncomfortable as of now. I use spare bags (rename them) to leave notes and RP messages. Pen or pencil + a piece of paper? Isn't very complicated to add, is it?

5) extend the evolved recipes lists. I'm a cook IRL and I constantly feel weird about cooking in Zomboid. Why can't I add ketchup to my roasted vegetables? Why can't I add pickles anywhere but to a sandwich? Etc! Again, items.txt stuff.

Thanks for you attention.

best regards, Zomboid devs! Your game is legendary. <3

2) remove, or nerf the unhappiness modifier from cigarettes. My rp character smokes from time to time and is in like permadepression because of that. 5 cigarettes a day leading to suicidal thoughts? Kinda unrealistic, is it? Again, extremely easy to fix

Im smoking for years now and i never really had depression due to that, i never really understood why is it there at first place. Its rather the opposite as my mood gets better after smoking.

I understand that it might be slightly frustrating from time to time that all of the features in the game aren't as polished and would seem to be "easy fixers", but the main thing here is that small things like this take a surprising amount of time to do. The reason why they are put in the game is for placeholding and will be polished once the development continues to beta phase.

Most of those things are such that they might change completely if a new feature is added or changed. Therefore those hours of work would disappear like a fart in the desert.