Starting a campfire using kindling

Tomwa

As you said, you have figured it out, but just in case... http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Campfire_kit 

When you put it down, you use the kindling to light it

No longer make kindling, simply place the kit, add fuel, and click "Light FIre - Notched wood + sturdy stick"

It was the lack of kindling that got me.

Yes, I also ran into this and reported it as a bug to be told that it was this. I then looked at the patch notes for Build 26 and couldn't find it in there. I feel like there should have been an announcement :-|

I have had nothing but issues I think with the kindling, I am not sure if it supposed to be a feature or a bug. Starting a fire with the notched+sturdy is like a crap shoot, sometimes it works other times it takes forever with no result other than me being exhausted. Which made me feel like they should at maybe add Firestarting to the survival skills. With this addition maybe we could read some books to get the chance of starting a fire to be "more" efficient than it is currently

I have had nothing but issues I think with the kindling, I am not sure if it supposed to be a feature or a bug. Starting a fire with the notched+sturdy is like a crap shoot, sometimes it works other times it takes forever with no result other than me being exhausted. Which made me feel like they should at maybe add Firestarting to the survival skills. With this addition maybe we could read some books to get the chance of starting a fire to be "more" efficient than it is currently

Agreed with stabilizing the "kindling". I could never get it to work on Build 25

It's down like 2 posts. Can you find it? :oops:

Eh... Have you ever tried starting a fire with a stick and a piece of notched wood? It's difficult as hell and takes a long time to get done.

Eagle scout here! Haha. Yes I had to many-a-times. You're completely correct. I imagine for the average Joe it would be nearly impossible. I was thinking too alpha-being :geek:  I love being corrected! Thank you! :)

alright then maybe as level one you should have to use the wood plank and stick but maybe you could collect tinder to make it more effective, or use the twine to make one of the bow style fire starters

I was going to suggest this, because I was never successful without a bow style device in real life. I figured it would just be another item required for a dieing trade.

From camping.txt

item Flint
{
Type = Normal,
DisplayName = Flint,
Icon = TZ_Flint,
Weight = 0.2,
}

item SteelKnuckle
{
Type = Normal,
DisplayName = Steel Knuckle,