Plenty ideas and (re)suggestions [combat,sneaking,general,MP...]

deprav

So you're alright with a shotgun fitting in a plastic bag, but not a sledgehammer? A typical shotgun weighs 8-12 pounds; some shotguns weigh 20 pounds. By this sense a shotgun and a sledgehammer weigh approximately the same. If you take the average of sledgehammer weight (15) and the average shotgun weight (10) then either the shotgun or the sledgehammer is inbalanced. In game the shotgun is 3.0 and the sledgehammer is 6.0. either a shogun needs to be 4.0 or the sledgehammer needs to be 4.5 to keep this relationship.

About the head being most of the weight, this is a good thing for carrying. Not to get into the physics of it, but if you're carrying it, you can easily carry it in one hand by holding near the head. If it is in your backpack, you'd place it head down; this, in turn, would give you a lower center of gravity, making you less likely to fall over.

For the rarity, I own three on a server, I know 2 other people that own 2. This is just in WP. Maybe the server has high loot, but that's a lot of sledgehammers going around. I do't know the loot settings so I can't comment more.

I've had the pleasures of tearing down walls with a sledgehammer, it's not very difficult. These are walls that are thick and built with quality by carpenters and designed by engineers. The walls you build in game aren't going to be close to that strong. I agree that this is a huge inbalance in the game right now, but wait until traps, food poisoning, and stuff like that comes along. That will be your real defense. Plus, the time it takes to tear down a wall doesn't matter much, if you are there, you kill them, if you aren't they're going to get the job done anyways.

P.S. I like a lot of your other ideas, I just feel like this one is a little flawed, and I thought I'd add my opinion about why the developers made it like it was.

Nop I'm actually not alright with a shotgun fitting plastic and tot bags ;o

I still think a sledgehammer shape and weight repartition is way more annoying than a shotgun tho.

That actually gave me a new idea : bags  have a total weight  + they should add a weight limit on one single item. Like you could hold a total of 8 in a plastic bag, but you couldn't fit something weighing more than 4 in it.

Yep it's easier to carry in your hand if you grip near the head but that's not the point ! encumbrance is close to 0 when it's in your char's hands. I was pointing to the fact the heavy head of the sledge would be annoying as f*ck to carry around everywhere you go.

Lets consider the zombie apocalypse to be a real thing, if you leave your safehouse to scavenge or look for something would you consider taking a sledgehammer in your bags AT ALL TIME, just "because you never know". Imo having something that big in your bag when you move around with walking corpses trying to eat you is more of an annoyance that something you can rely on. It's heavy, it limits your movement etc...

Tho yeah, I realize now the real issue isn't the weight, it's the speed of destruction. Maybe the walls should be "leveled", like wooden walls made under skill 2 would take 1 "sledge action", wooden walls made between lvl 2 and 4 would take 2 "sledge actions", level 5 would take 3 sledge actions, a plastered wall would take 4, and a concrete/brick wall would take 5. That would make more sense and balance it a bit.

Ok deprav, all the cookies are cooked, and we have all underpants, i think it´s time to phase 2; Then Phase 3 and PROFIT! The hole explanation is here.

How about now we get the ideas and show then at the compilation that it's on sticky?

But we must show one at the time, but these are your ideas, and you must do the honors, i ll help you to defend them.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a Big thread.

i disagree with having to work with other survivors. In MP I trust almost no one, and on SP, you can only rely on yourself.

I agree with some of the other points.

1. Being able to upgrade your buildings.

2. Using rotten food as fertilizer

Id like to see Concrete implemented to plastered walls, so that they can only be destroyed Via Sledge hammer. (Keep other Players away from my fort)

And maybe being able to do a gravel road. for gardens.

Also, a survivor skill tree, its kind of cool. 

• 1 month later...

i disagree with having to work with other survivors. In MP I trust almost no one, and on SP, you can only rely on yourself.

Well yeah of course we are able to survive on our own, but we shouldn't be able to be the "I-can-do-everything man", it's a ROLE playing game after all. Living within a group should provide comfort -work time being divided- plus social interactions keeping your mind sane. But the down side of living within a group are betrayals and plots ofc ;o

on the other hand, living alone keeps you free from social rules, and safe from social drama. But it should be a much more precarious way of living the zombie apocalypse, superheroes don't exist. You can't be a builder-farmer-hunter-fisherman-tracker-doctor-gunman.

Also I haven't updated the OP in a long time, I might do it soon :)