Lights, Fridges and Clocks

Anvilman6

Right, so my friends and I were playing MP the other day, chatting over skype, and some strange things began occurring (let me preface this by saying I'm not sure if this should go in the bug tracker or in this area.)

Firstly, on my end the lights in our safehouse stopped working, I supposed the power had just stopped working, but both of my friends were still able to toggle and use the lights. Around the same time the water went out, and that appeared to be applicable to everyone. Also, it would seem that our fridge is still keeping things chilled, even on my end where the power is out (and even stranger, fridges across the city appear to be down, as when we went looting all the foods we found were rotten). Finally, on occasion it seems that the clocks on our client-side ends were becoming desynchronized; i.e. it read around 5:00 for me and 3:20 for one of the friends.

None of this is exactly game-breaking (though I would love to be able to turn on the house's lights at night instead of stumbing through the dark). Just a few things I've noticed that people should be aware of.

Anyone have any explanations / solutions? I'm hesitant to do a soft reset as we've come so far, and the fact that I've heard soft resets are broken at the moment.

some fridges are broken at the moment 

there are a couple which do not turn off on electricity-loss ... the mopst prominent being the fridges in the tavern at the gunshop in west point, i think it was called twiggys 

since clocks are client side and not server side right now (which should be changed imho) lags, reconnects and the likes tend to mess with those

as far as client-side different turn-offs on water/electricity ... i dont know how thats caused but experienced it aswell

The explanation is that there's stuff that isn't yet synced properly by the game, the things you mentioned included. There's no solution as far as I'm aware, except to wait for new versions to fix it. However fridges, by design, stay cold for some time after power loss.

Archived