Thank God for the New Moodles.

I saw a Reddit post criticizing them. 

I have red-green color blindness, or I also have some other issues related to my computer, or something— because I struggle to figure out what the current moodles even are.

I still don’t know what’s going on in the encumbrance one, but I think that’s just my brain not processing it right.

Anyways— point is, I like the new moodles. I want to hear what other, not angry and inflammatory people have to say about them— criticism or praise, whatever. I’d like to contrast the grossness I just saw with civil discussion. 

I'm pretty new to PZ (I started playing around 3 days ago), so I don't know what previous moodles are like, but I like the current moodles. They're easy to recognize and understand, even when you don't hover your cursor over the moodle.

I love the new moodles. :-) They are clearly the work of a professional who had to consider a lot of things while making them.
☑ They are clearly made in vector to be able to export in different sizes for different screens.
☑ Face expressions are easily identifiable, even from a distance.
☑ All the space in the circle was used to the fullest, and the outline is part of an icon. So every pixel's aim is to inform the players.
Yes, we haven't seen the others yet, but I'm sure that they will all be as consistent and thought-through as the ones we've seen.
It takes a couple of minutes to write an angry commentary, but a lot more time and thought are needed to make something like that.

And most importantly, the new moodles are a sign of commitment from Indie Stone to make this game so much more than it is now. Pixel by pixel, bit by bit. People should praise that, not criticize.

7 hours ago, Veosult said:

I'm pretty new to PZ (I started playing around 3 days ago), so I don't know what previous moodles are like, but I like the current moodles. They're easy to recognize and understand, even when you don't hover your cursor over the moodle.

I agree, i am excited, and will be a lot easier to understand on steamdeck. 

• 1 month later...

I totally prefer the new moodles what are being added in B42, B41 are outdated and extremily pixelated, they are the same since the tech demo ten years algo.

And about the encumbrance moodle, since some months ago I didn´t figure it out it was a guy holding a rock xd.

17 hours ago, DiegooLoquii said:

I didn´t figure it out it was a guy holding a rock xd.

I always thought it was some sort of zombie's head showing their brain/brainstem and it was experiencing agonising pain from all the lifting he's doing.

Brainy.png

On 4/3/2024 at 2:40 PM, SilentLight said:

I always thought it was some sort of zombie's head showing their brain/brainstem and it was experiencing agonising pain from all the lifting he's doing.

Brainy.png

Wow! That´s really a creative thought, never thinked about that looking like a brain.

Edited by DiegooLoquii