Massive Hoard of Zombies

My friend and I are playing multiplayer on our own server, our base is in Muldraugh, and for the most part we have had the town cleared.

we logged off for about 30 minutes, logged back on, and our base was swarmed by a massive group of about 400-500 zombies that seemingly came from nowhere, which also coincided with a Helicopter event, which we have set to reoccur. However, to this point we have had it happen several times with no problems, and the amount of zombies that surrounded us and the amount of time the helicopter event started did not add up.

There is no way we had that many zombies migrate to our area in such a short time.

can anyone please explain?

The radius of the helicopter noise is something like 300 tiles. I think a car horn is 100, and those can attract large numbers of zeds. In all directions. And if the helicopter is following someone? That's a enormous radius. I wouldn't be surprised if that many turned up from a helicopter event.

12 minutes ago, BoogieMan said:

The radius of the helicopter noise is something like 300 tiles. I think a car horn is 100, and those can attract large numbers of zeds. In all directions. And if the helicopter is following someone? That's a enormous radius. I wouldn't be surprised if that many turned up from a helicopter event.

My man, I am talking about they were there IMMEDIATELY. There was not enough time to have attracted that many zombies to our location.

5 hours ago, ProjectTabletop said:

My friend and I are playing multiplayer on our own server, our base is in Muldraugh, and for the most part we have had the town cleared.

we logged off for about 30 minutes, logged back on, and our base was swarmed by a massive group of about 400-500 zombies that seemingly came from nowhere, which also coincided with a Helicopter event, which we have set to reoccur. However, to this point we have had it happen several times with no problems, and the amount of zombies that surrounded us and the amount of time the helicopter event started did not add up.

There is no way we had that many zombies migrate to our area in such a short time.

can anyone please explain?

Is your server set to pause while empty? 

2 hours ago, puppers said:

Is your server set to pause while empty? 

The server is definitely only active while we are playing.

we logged off for 30 mins, my friend logged back in, even went outside and worked on some thing, I logged in, and as soon as I was in the world, I heard the helicopter come, and then there were zombies EVERYWHERE. 

13 hours ago, ProjectTabletop said:

The server is definitely only active while we are playing.

we logged off for 30 mins, my friend logged back in, even went outside and worked on some thing, I logged in, and as soon as I was in the world, I heard the helicopter come, and then there were zombies EVERYWHERE. 

How many days in are you , what are the server settings(apoc/surv/etc) ,and any mods?

Weird I have never come across something like that either but mold-drag , that main street, has so many zombies sometimes I stay away from that cursed place. :wacko:    The last two times me and my friends built our bases there we were always having to clean up straggler groups. 

I've seen more zombies pop up from the expanded helicopter events than could possibly have come from the nearby areas.  The one where the helicopter plays the Dawn of the Dead shopping mall music seems to be the most productive in spawning in zombies.

11 hours ago, puppers said:

How many days in are you , what are the server settings(apoc/surv/etc) ,and any mods?

Weird I have never come across something like that either but mold-drag , that main street, has so many zombies sometimes I stay away from that cursed place. :wacko:    The last two times me and my friends built our bases there we were always having to clean up straggler groups. 

The only explaination we’ve come up with is that it was some sort of bug. And we might’ve possibly created it by slightly increasing the zombie respawns.

it was almost as if they respawned right there in and around our base.

Archived