about Mining iron

Goodzomboy

in the update they said the were thinking about introducing blacksmithing

and I get the feeling that all iron will come from raw iron ore. I'm just wondering why mine for copper, iron, and aluminum. they are atomic elements and never change. If we can turn a chair into a door why not turn the door nub into copper. I mean steel is every where. And it never stops being iron and carbon .

Mining iron seams so rust like. It dose not make sense digging is one of the must intensive physical and mechanical efforts. When there is metal every where in urban areas.

I just want to know why cant we recycle iron and steel scraps its not that much more complex then turning raw iron ore into something use able. Must steal made in the us dose not use iron ore it uses iron and steel scraps. I am pretty shore that raw copper ore is more expansive then copper scrap right now or it least more hard to get.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 10:56 PM, Goodzomboy said:

in the update they said the were thinking about introducing blacksmithing

and I get the feeling that all iron will come from raw iron ore. I'm just wondering why mine for copper, iron, and aluminum. they are atomic elements and never change. If we can turn a chair into a door why not turn the door nub into copper. I mean steel is every where. And it never stops being iron and carbon .

The reason for mining, no matter if realistic (it’s a game), is because they want to make it possible to start a map of complete wilderness and then build a civilization. No pre-existing buildings. Nothing to recycle.

Archived