Ability to turn off battle music

Unamelable

In a game with 1x zombies, quite a few moments where the battle music starts. Especially when driving a car. And you just want to listen to neutral tracks that best suit the game.
It's a pity that there is no possibility to do this yet because it would help immersiveness of the game.
Of course the battle theme is standard, but specifically in this game where it's more about patience. It would be more fitting.

I've made a couple of posts about this as well,  two about how the super intense music triggers way too often, such as when there's only a few zombies or you're on a high floor where the zombies can't even see you, and one about how the game needs to allow room for silence to add impact to some of the quiet moments, as right now there is no silence in the soundtrack.  Both of them got a react from Pandorea (one of the QA testers who collects feedback), and coupling that with the stuff they've been showcasing in thursdoids, it looks like the dynamic music system is getting a pretty major rework.

Edited by PoshRocketeer

Honestly, I'd just nuke the entire soundtrack and start over, it's probably one of the least attractive elements of the whole game, I turned it off after like 1 run. The weird babbling vocals and banjos are just annoying.

Instead I've made playlists of game music for different situations and switch between them based on what I am doing, one with chill music for when I am around camp, one with tense/spooky music for when I am sneaking around on raids, and a playlist of late-80s/early 90s grunge rock and metal to listen to while in the car, to simulate the radio, for ultra immersive period correct tunes. It's kinda badass to hop in a humvee and cruise down the highway blasting some Alice in Chains and Nirvana.

3 hours ago, knightshousegames said:

Honestly, I'd just nuke the entire soundtrack and start over, it's probably one of the least attractive elements of the whole game, I turned it off after like 1 run. The weird babbling vocals and banjos are just annoying.

Instead I've made playlists of game music for different situations and switch between them based on what I am doing, one with chill music for when I am around camp, one with tense/spooky music for when I am sneaking around on raids, and a playlist of late-80s/early 90s grunge rock and metal to listen to while in the car, to simulate the radio, for ultra immersive period correct tunes. It's kinda badass to hop in a humvee and cruise down the highway blasting some Alice in Chains and Nirvana.

Yeah the arabic chanting (which is just gibberish) is a really strange choice for this sort of game. I totally see where the banjos and such come from, it is kentucky, but it can be ill-fitting.

Nuking the soundtrack seems excessive, but they're actively working on improving the implementation of the dynamic soundtrack, so hopefully our gripes will be fixed. I don't have a problem with any of the tracks not being good, it's just that their implementation is a mixed bag right now. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2023 at 12:42 AM, getstoopid said:

I actually like the soundtrack very much but I also play with music off because first of all I don't like music in games in general and I also don't like the seemingly random choice of "action-tracks" just because of one moaner shuffling around

Pandorea's reacted to a few of my feedback posts discussing exactly this, and also reacted to a post of mine begging the devs to leave room for silence to accent the calm moments.