As a carpenter or metalworker you should be able to build guard towers. 

Like imagine you're a level 10 carpenter and you want to build something to stand high up in to watch over your base or even shoot from it in an emergency.

Well this is where the guard tower comes in. It would require level 10 carpentry for wood users and level 10 metal working for metal users.

It would require a ton of materials like if you use wood it could take like 20 planks, and 100 nails.   If you use metal like at least 20 metal sheets and 4 propane tanks.

You could go up to the tower via staircase or a ladder (should useable ladders be implemented). Then when you get to the top you can attach a sheet rope for an emergency escape!

Okay so what are the drawbacks of these guard towers besides requiring a ton of materials as well as a maximum level of carpentry or metal working?

Well here's where things get drastic and action packed! If the zombies (or hostile players or NPCs) bang on a guard tower enough it comes toppling over or crashing down! I imagine the guard towers would be rather high. 

So if the player is in a guard tower while it gets destroyed they're falling down HARD. I was thinking the materials could crush the player in addition to them getting broken bones. Of course that's if they even survive. If they don't topping guard towers could spell instant death for the player inside of them!

So if the undead or some survivors with an attitude problem start knocking on your guard tower take care of them quick, otherwise THIS IS HOW YOU DIED. 

We can already do that, the only things not in game yet are ladders and buildings subject to gravity, sorry but I don't really see the point of this or I didn't understand what you meant. I would prefer to build my tower with carpentry only, less material, less skill points needed and won't collapse because it's basically stairs and wooden floor + wooden pillars to look a little bit realistic.

Edited by Axezombie

3 hours ago, Axezombie said:

We can already do that, the only things not in game yet are ladders and buildings subject to gravity, sorry but I don't really see the point of this or I didn't understand what you meant. I would prefer to build my tower with carpentry only, less material, less skill points needed and won't collapse because it's basically stairs and wooden floor + wooden pillars to look a little bit realistic.

Tower_2018.thumb.jpg.101018c9d4941341650619ebf9d694e3.jpg

I mean build something like this bad boy which you can't do in the game yet.

You don't have support framework like this in the game to build. You also can't build a roof or railings.

The most you could try I think to build is a winding staircase, some flooring, some walls with windows and a doorway with door.

Everything else with the supports, railings, and roofs aren't possible in the game right now which you also need for a tower.

On 7/1/2023 at 1:52 AM, Axezombie said:

You can, not exactly the same obviously but can be close enough and it does the job.

Yes it misses some elements but why not add those elements in the building menus instead of a premade tower? You could use them for other kinds of constructions.

woodentower.jpg.e5772293192144f13198c23a23f97587.jpg

Did you build that?

20 hours ago, Nowthere27 said:

Did you build that?

Yes, It's far from perfect I'll give you that, you can do much better and it's a bit tricky because you have to build floors and stairs that you have to remove after but yes I did it the legit way.

Someone on Reddit made this one with a mod:

If we could build that without a mod, I agree with you, it would be pretty nice.

fire-lookout-build-v0-ia5auk8cjf9b1.jpg