Hanging Sheets From Player Made Windows

CaptKaspar

Under Windows 7, build 23: I am not able to add sheets as curtains to player made windows. I have a hammer equipped in my primary. I have nails and a sheet in my main inventory. To confirm I am clicking on the window correctly I have done this on a partially barricaded window. The option to unbarricade the window is present. No option to add curtains/sheet.

I have tried this on bare wood windows as well as plastered windows.

I can only add sheets to already existings windows.

I can supply screenshots if necessary.

I searched the forums to see if anyone else reported this bug, but I did not find a post about it. Please move this thread to bug reports if needed. I was not able to start a new topic there. Thanks.

If you're on the 1st floor, then you need 2 sheet ropes and a nail. Every floor up will need an extra sheet rope in your inventory.

Sheet ropes are required to hang a sheet on user created windows?

Whoops, I thought he was talking about sheet ropes.

I just don't want anyone or anything looking in through my windows. I could barricade them all the way up but that wouldn't allow me the option of looking outside before walking outside.

However, I did learn that only 1 sheet rope is needed if hung off a fence on the second floor and not a window :cool:

I am also unable to put sheets on my homemmade windows. But more importantly, I have hung a sheetrope from aforementioned homemade window and I can climb up it no problem but I can't climb down. Is this, intentional, a bug or is my character just decrepit?

I am also unable to put sheets on my homemmade windows. But more importantly, I have hung a sheetrope from aforementioned homemade window and I can climb up it no problem but I can't climb down. Is this, intentional, a bug or is my character just decrepit?

I had this same exact problem KingNoodle. I found that you have to be facing the window with the sheet rope and be shoulder's abreast of the window, not at an angle. Then pretty much spam the 'E' key and your character will eventually find it. Annoying, but it does work. I could not right click on the window to 'climb through' like I can with a sheet rope attached to a fence.

I would be nervous having to relie on one for a quick getaway. But, they do eventually work.

I had this same exact problem KingNoodle. I found that you have to be facing the window with the sheet rope and be shoulder's abreast of the window, not at an angle. Then pretty much spam the 'E' key and your character will eventually find it. Annoying, but it does work. I could not right click on the window to 'climb through' like I can with a sheet rope attached to a fence.

I would be nervous having to relie on one for a quick getaway. But, they do eventually work.

Cheers man. its a bit of a pain cos ive spent ages building up a little fort and the whole rope ladder thing was going to be a crucial aspect of my plan. Ah well. Is it also a hassle climbing down from normal windows?

Cheers man. its a bit of a pain cos ive spent ages building up a little fort and the whole rope ladder thing was going to be a crucial aspect of my plan. Ah well. Is it also a hassle climbing down from normal windows?

Not nearly as bad.

Archived