Armored Cars: Yes, No, Maybe so

SurvivalOfTheDumbest

I've been playing Project Zomboid on and off for about a year now, and while I don't play it as much as I might like, I love watching others play it and seeing all of what it is, a very successful attempt to make a fun, yet mostly realistic and challenging depiction of what it would be like to be alone or be with very few people in a zombie apocalypse.

One thing I've thought of for a long time is the way the car system works, and how easy it can be to just demolish your car with one mistake. I had the idea, and I'm not sure if this has been asked about or brought up before, of making an armored car. It would obviously be a very taxing endeavor, requiring a very high metalworking skill and a lot of metal to boot, but I think it could add something interesting to the game.

Not only would the car become more durable to accidents, but it could also be another way to dispatch hordes. Cars are already used in such a way, but they break down so quickly before the fun can even start. I believe a feature like this would require a lot of balancing to be sure that its not overpowered, nor is it an entirely useless thing to do, but I think having as an option would add another thing to achieve for those who manage to survive for so long and find themselves without anything new to try or goals to reach.

I'd love to hear any feedback on the idea, agreement, constructive, or even argumentative, but I just wanted to put my idea out there for this game that really lets me live out my fantasy of zombie survival.