Button on the join server screen "Connect without updating", or "Attempt to join with current mods"

Drakkar77

I know Indie Stone is working on the workshop update issue. But I'd like to suggest this, let's call it, 'fix'. Here is the issue: When you join a server it askes you to download mods that the server is running. If you've been playing on the server and had to leave for any reason and if a mod updated since you've been playing on the server, when you go to join again PZ will force you to update those mods whether the server has updated them or not. If the server hasn't updated the mods, PZ will proceed tell you that your mod versions do not match the server and you'll be forced to wait until the server updates.

There is no easy way around this, setting Steam to only update when you launch PZ and adding a short cut to the PZ exe file then only clicking that to load up PZ every time won't stop PZ from updating a mod from the server screen. What's needed is a way to tell PZ not to update any mods and to just let you join the server.

When joining a server there's two buttons. One updates all the mods whether the server has those updated or not. The other disconnects you from the server.

I'm suggesting a third option that allows you to ignore the updates and continue joining a server without updating any mods.

Edited by Drakkar77