More Candles

getstoopid

Maybe I've just never found one, but are there lanterns in Zomboid?

I feel like storm lanterns like this were definitely very much still a regular thing in 1993

Storm-Oil-Lantern.jpg

Might be a cool addition along with more candle types, get them old lady houses with the big chunky Yankee Candle jars everywhere too

Edited by knightshousegames

43 minutes ago, knightshousegames said:

Maybe I've just never found one, but are their lanterns in Zomboid?

I feel like storm lanterns like this were definitely very much still a regular thing in 1993

Storm-Oil-Lantern.jpg

Not just in 1993, even today in some rural areas you have a chance of finding lanterns like this.
I know for a fact because my uncle used to have several in one of his farms and many neighbors also have or had one of those.

It would be interesting if it was one of the items you could only find in rural homes, even if with some degree of rarity.

But candles, I agree. Those should be very common, with almost assured to find 1 in every 2 houses you visit, since a LOT of people have the habit of having candles around in case of a power outage.

21 minutes ago, GG Cannon said:

Not just in 1993, even today in some rural areas you have a chance of finding lanterns like this.
I know for a fact because my uncle used to have several in one of his farms and many neighbors also have or had one of those.

It would be interesting if it was one of the items you could only find in rural homes, even if with some degree of rarity.

But candles, I agree. Those should be very common, with almost assured to find 1 in every 2 houses you visit, since a LOT of people have the habit of having candles around in case of a power outage.

Well yeah, for sure, but nowadays you can just get rechargable LED lanterns that are twice as bright and last longer per charge, though I know even now you can find one or two random ones in the back at a Walmart or something in the camping section, but I haven't seen someone actually use one since I was a kid, probably around real life 1993

Back then with old school bulb and alkaline battery technology, those kerosene lanterns were your best bet for portable area lighting at least though.

Yeah, now that I think about it though, most of the people I know have candles out on their coffee tables and such, it's a little weird not to see them more in game, especially back then