Peanut Allergy Trait Point

The_Fish909

In my opinion it would just make some food items "poisonous" or have the ominous "unhappiness +99" ;) Normally you know when you are allergic to specific food and most of the time you also know what you can eat and can't. For the sake of simplicity and playability I would not want it to be more complex than that.

Fair enough, the problem I see is that the food titles are not very descriptive, so if I take the Allergy trait, (without knowing much about peanut allergy it in RL) how would I figure out that a food would have a reaction for my character?  

I think its an interesting idea.  It would make raiding for food more interesting if half of it would make me sick.  I still have the choice of eating it, but there is a downside, like the unhappiness factor at the moment when you are down to your last can of dogfood.  You eat it becasue you need to but there is a consequence.    

The obvious solution is that the game blatantly tells you in a tooltip or in the nutritian popup.  "This food contains allergens" or something similar and you just have to pay attention to that before eating anything (or when looting)

There are a bunch of other common allergens that could be added to the trait for some backstory but I think some abstract generalisation of "Allergies" would be better than trying to nitpick if the character has a Peanut allergy or a gluten allergy or eggs/ honey/A2 etc. 

Edited by CannedRat

Agree with CannedRat - to be a real negative trait there should be just one "food allergies" trait combining various allergies, like those nerdy characters in sitcoms who can eat hardly anything because their "head will explode".

So basically if you'd go with this trait it would mean you are allergic to peanuts, glutene and lactose... I know that's not very realistic but otherwise it would present no danger/hindrence I fear and end up as freebie points. 

Edited by getstoopid

Simple. 

"Fairytale creature" 

Ur vegan that is allergic on peanuts, lactose  and gluten.

Ur probably a lawyer that train crossfit too.

+1 fit 

+1 cooking 

+1 nimble

- U can eat only fresh, canned or cooked vege and fruits and drink only water any other food will change negatively ur mood and eating meat give u depressuon and sickness. 

Edited by duh7