Powered by Keifleaf Closed

Keifleaf

We dont need a hard reset... We just need another soft reset and for the admins to spend about 20 minutes spawning zombies everywhere again.

A hard reset would truly blow.

Soft reset was taken out, and if I did that it would take a lot more than 20 minutes and do nothing to replace loot.

Ah forsure Keif, You gotta do what you gotta do. I'd rather lose my base and stored items to be able to kill zombs and what not. 

I do wanna know torque's question though. 

Does a hard reset mess with player inventories?

Does it reset character skills?

Hope all is well and thanks for running the server.

No your character is saved locally on your computer, I have no influence over that. You can and if you have a very developed character probably should back them up. they are saved under C:\Users\(user name)\Zomboid\Multiplayer then you will see a folder with a name listing the server then the character, that folder contains all the info needed so just copy and paste somewhere and your safe in case of a major bug, which has rarely happened but can cause loss of character.

I will hard reset later today at some point, the question is when should I? Which is never fun to decide, do I reset early so everyone can get to it sooner, or hold off until everyone gets the stuff they want out of their safe houses? Which also if I wait how long should I wait? People sign on at all hours so whens the best time for the most people. Not easy to pick, so maybe between 4 to 6 hours from now expect it. Because I cant pick and that time works for me  :evil:

Yea 2 - 4 sounds like a good time for a reset. Do you have your own website for the server, Keifleaf?

Give me about 30 minutes or so, right around 4pm est I'll hard reset. And currently there is no website for the server, and most likely will not be one. I have web space already so setting up a second domain or even just a sub domain within the one I have now would be easy, but I honestly don't think it's necessary.