rotten food can be used for

crisius

since once food is rotten it is unusable , and since pencil aren't very common and last not long , i had an idea to pick up 2 birds with a stone

put rotten food into a fireplace , yield carbonized ashes 

combining carbonized ashes with a sturdy stick and a screwdriver you could (fictionally of course , in real life i don't think it could work ) craft a rustic pencil 

hope you like this silly idea  :D

Just burn a stick into a piece of charcoal. Keep the rotten food for composting.

how do you make fertilizer tho ?

I agree, it would be nice if rotten food could be turned into a low level fertilizer, now that the devs have confirmed in today's Mondoid that they're planning to make multiple, tiered items for the same purposes.

Just burn a stick into a piece of charcoal. Keep the rotten food for composting.

how do you make fertilizer tho ?

I agree, it would be nice if rotten food could be turned into a low level fertilizer, now that the devs have confirmed in today's Mondoid that they're planning to make multiple, tiered items for the same purposes.

I think composting is a better term for it. And compost is anything but "low level" fertilizer. It's some of the best fertilizer in existence.