[41.72] [MP] Zombies can hit you through closed vehicle window [Solved]

Moss7

They don't damage windows, it's just that they ignore them entirely.

EDIT : I just realised that if you accelerate too soon after you get in the car, then your character doesn't shut his door and it stays open. I don't know if it's a vanilla feature or something brought on by Filibuster's cars or some other mod but if it wasn't for animated doors that stayed open I would've never guessed why I get gnawed on through the seemingly closed doors, for even when you're stopped, your car radial menu won't allow you to close the door from inside and you'll have to exit and re-enter the car the car and wait for the door to be closed before you go.

Sorry, false alarm. Kind of.

EDIT 2 : What's weirder still is that I couldn't find anything about that issue anywhere which means that everybody knew they had to wait a bit for the door to close. How... ?

Edited by Moss7

• Moss7 changed the title to [41.72] [MP] Zombies can hit you through closed vehicle window

Yes, 100% I'm afraid.

I hesitated to post this because I'm using a few mods including cars. I'll do a test *gulp* now with a vanilla car and if they behave normally, I'll delete this post. Otherwise, I'll edit this or the one above.

Edited by Moss7

Well this is awkward,

I wasn't able in the last few minutes to reproduce the glitch with either modded or vanilla cars.

BUT

I'm absolutely certain that it happens and it has nothing to do with open nor broken windows. I don't know how or why that happens but happened to me a few times since I moved to unstable. In fact it happened to me again with a Rhino Tow Truck (mod) just before I submitted the glitch, but when I tried to reproduce it it didn't work. Could be worth taking a look if devs have time for it.

Edited by Moss7

• Moss7 changed the title to [41.72] [MP] Zombies can hit you through closed vehicle window [Solved]