Functional Bug: Awkward Indoor Lighting Bug ( More Info 1 )

ZombieHunter

So that floor there is made by me - it wasn't there originally.

That entire area is now a Blue Rectangle  at night.

This is the Big Warehouse in Maldrough

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#10634x9313x1280

Screenshot (416).png

Update 1:

After further testing the bug seems to have a lot more issues than I previously thought it is not purely visual.

1. The area is not considered Outside ( see video ). After standing in the area with heavy rain - note I did not get wet. It does render the area as outside.

2. Through the Roof is not rendering - Might be part of the cause 

3. This area is considered as a "Seperate" building. ( The Fridges in the area are not powered - while rest of Warehouse is ) 

Video:

Edited by ZombieHunter
More Information

1 hour ago, Hugo Qwerty said:

This has been an issue for a while, and it's not just visual - the game thinks the blue area is outdoors.

If what you are asying is true about the outside - then I am 90% sure the reason is because of the Gaurdrails on the catwalk. I broke all the gaurdrails - and only after that this occured. 

Hace 6 horas, ZombieHunter dijo:

Entonces ese piso lo hice yo, no estaba allí originalmente.

Toda esa área es ahora un rectángulo azul por la noche.

Este es el Gran Almacén en Maldrough

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#10634x9313x1280

Captura de pantalla (416).png

The same thing happens to me, I destroyed walls of my base to make it bigger and I began to notice that visual detail.

• ZombieHunter changed the title to Visual Bug: Awkward Indoor Lighting Bug ( More Info 1 )
9 hours ago, ZombieHunter said:

If what you are asying is true about the outside - then I am 90% sure the reason is because of the Gaurdrails on the catwalk. I broke all the gaurdrails - and only after that this occured. 

It happens in a few buildings I understand.  I've seen it myself in the boat club in Riverside, it went away when I floored the whole area (but only after I left the area, and came back).

• ZombieHunter changed the title to Functional Bug: Awkward Indoor Lighting Bug ( More Info 1 )

Pretty sure what's going on is that empty areas like this tend to have no tiles associated with them, so filling in the space treats it like building a separte building outdoors, as seen in the video and with the lighting.

The game has worked like this for many years and is something that needs to be worked around at some point in the future.

59 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Pretty sure what's going on is that empty areas like this tend to have no tiles associated with them, so filling in the space treats it like building a separte building outdoors, as seen in the video and with the lighting.

The game has worked like this for many years and is something that needs to be worked around at some point in the future.

It could be solved by having "debug empty invisible nocollision" tiles 

It is a cheaty workaround but should fix it - if the actual issue is lack of associated tiles

It would just mean painting in debug tiles - anytime in the building there is an "empty" space 

When player builds something on it - would just replace the "debug invisible tile" with a visible tile. 

Edited by ZombieHunter