Separate option for tree growth rate

SonicSonedit

Currently there is a noticeable problem that even with reduced corrosion rate we get 1-3 new trees almost every day during summer.

Can you please add a separate option to reduce new trees spawning speed? Chopping the down daily is tiring, and axes aren't limitless resources too (well you can scavenge, but its even more work to get rid of these pest from your yard)

This is why I usually tone down the erosion setting in sandbox. I think it defaults to 100 days for max growth, which is a little to quick for my tastes.

Of course, with a more natural rate of erosion, I suspect most players wouldn't live long enough to notice the mechanic in action. Which is why I suspect it is set to what it is by default.

Trees are absolutely out of control. I would for them to be turned down in general. Plus maybe if you drive over small ones there is a chance they are destroyed. Anyone who'sbeen two tracking knows you destroy lots of brush off trail. But yes, it's silly that in one season you get four full grown trees in the suburbs.

On 5/24/2022 at 4:23 PM, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

This is why I usually tone down the erosion setting in sandbox. I think it defaults to 100 days for max growth, which is a little to quick for my tastes.

The problem is not even the full growth time, the problem is how annoying it is to chop down a new sapling every damn morning in your yard. And we don't even have a big yeard - we use a well known house east of Westpoint, you know its yard is not even big.

The rest of errosion is fine - roads, houses, vines, I can agree with the rest, but trees grow like its a damn grass or something

3 hours ago, redscarf said:

Plus maybe if you drive over small ones there is a chance they are destroyed. Anyone who'sbeen two tracking knows you destroy lots of brush off trail.

Thats actually pretty cool idea!

Actually you should destroy vegetation if you ride same road often enough. I think something like "if vehicle rides over tile every day for a week, vegetation is destroyed" would be nice addition.

3 hours ago, redscarf said:

It's silly that in one season you get four full grown trees in the suburbs.

Absolutely.

Edited by SonicSonedit