Dedicated server for steam. Server no see public list, no connect friends with my server.

valek97

Question

Hi. settings dedicated all ok. settings dmz. I connect with server 127.0.0.1,connect with public ip 100.69.62.196. I use these Ip addresses to connect to my server. The room is not displayed in the public one. I see my room in favorites. A friend can't connect to me, the server didn't respond to the disconnect request. He tried to raise the server at home, he has the same problem. Our IP is dynamic. There is no such problem if we run the server from the game client. Ports are dropped in the router, firewall.

18 answers to this question

The client hosting uses the Steam P2P network to host, meaning it bypasses the the necessity of having a public IP since you can correct directly to it through Steam. The dedicated server is used for official dedicated server machines and needs to have all the necessary ports forwarded to it. Which is why you can host using the Host function but not the dedicated server.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:30 AM, Beard said:

The client hosting uses the Steam P2P network to host, meaning it bypasses the the necessity of having a public IP since you can correct directly to it through Steam. The dedicated server is used for official dedicated server machines and needs to have all the necessary ports forwarded to it. Which is why you can host using the Host function but not the dedicated server.

Ths. Problem in Ip. Static ip solved the problem

On 3/30/2022 at 10:30 AM, Beard said:

We can connect the server. But for some reason, the server does not see him or mine publicly. If you search by name watch

15 minutes ago, getstoopid said:

He tried to start the server on his own lan and can't connect? Maybe he got a (somewhat strict) firewall on his computer active?

We are setting up the same dedicated server. He can connect to himself locally. Not to me. If I'm a host, I can connect to myself, he can't. The server is not visible in the public domain, neither he nor I have. There are no all these problems, if we run the server from the game client, everything is OK there, but we don't like this option, because we need to have a constantly living character there. the firewall is disabled, what he has, what I have, the ports are dropped, there are no problems with this. He just doesn't have a DMZ configured. But this does not negate the questions, what is so different for launching a game from under the client and a dedicated server? The settings are the same, nothing is different

8 hours ago, Beard said:

Could you explain what you mean by that? Do you mean it doesnt show either of you in the player score board?

No. My server name is valek97. The server is up at this moment. In the list of the Internet server with this name is not visible, although the settings are correct. At the same time, if you connect via ip, the server sees and connects. It's not entirely clear what's wrong. A friend has no problems with this, his room is displayed normally in the list

34 minutes ago, Beard said:

Did you open the necessary 16261, 8766 and 8767 ports in your router and firewall?

Yes, the ports are open, he can join me via a white, static ip. But my server was not visible in the public list, although the settings are there and it can come to me.

25 minutes ago, Beard said:

Generally Steam needs to have all those ports open to properly list your server, can you tell me what your IP is so I can check if I can see the server?

ip 193.194.100.11 port 16261 name server room - valek . pass 1234

6 hours ago, Beard said:

100.64.0.1 is not a public IP, meaning it is behind a double NAT. I recommend contacting your internet service provider to check if they allow you to host servers on your internet connection.

OK, I'll contact the provider, it's not a problem. Why then there are no such problems through the steam client, but there are in the form of a dedicated server? What is the cardinal difference? The IP address is the same, but in the case of the client, we can safely host and play together.

6 hours ago, Beard said:

100.64.0.1 is not a public IP, meaning it is behind a double NAT. I recommend contacting your internet service provider to check if they allow you to host servers on your internet connection.

Yea. 100 in router, 85 in out, grey ip.ths. This is understandable. However, why are the servers running from under the client and dedicated so different? It was only necessary to run it as a separate server but with steam capabilities

Archived