Disable long press of L3?

Hokie Cobra

Question

I love all the work thatTIS has done to make controllers as on-par with mouse and keyboard as possible. Unfortunately I have a case where there's too much functionality packed into the controller. From the 41.66 release notes:

Pressing and holding the left analogue stick displays a radial menu that allows toggling crouching, sitting on the ground, and auto-walking.

Is there a config option somewhere to disable this? Apparently I've developed a terrible habit of holding L3 in a panic situation, like I'm suddenly being mobbed by zombies. Then, instead of fighting or escaping, I'm in the menu where I inevitably enable the auto-walk and get bit. I imagine that an option to disable this binding could also be an accessibility feature for some players as well.

4 answers to this question

Not an answer just a plea in Spiffo’s name for someone who knows a fix  to answer.  I keep sitting down, like my dude is just done with my irresponsible controller manipulation habits and gives the hell up. 

LOVE the controller, it’s the only way I can play a game.  This L3 business has completely jammed up my ability to do anything when there are more than 3 zombies around. I’m in August now so … well he’s doing a lot of reading and farming right now. 

13 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Tim actually put it in last night - so it should be a part of the next patch.

Just knowing that this change was coming made my day, but seeing that it's already in the unstable release notes is way overdelivering! Thank you all so much for the quick turnaround!

Archived