Mapping Contests

M210F

I was wondering if the Devs have any plans for official mapping contests? Something where they give a time for when it ends and we all complete something? I'd imagine that they could follow the rules of "theme" or "lot" contests, where we're either given a theme to follow "hospital, horror, grocery store, etc) or a lot (30 wide by 10 long and 3 high), or a combination of the two.

As far as rewards, I see 3 potential prizes- being featured on the site, obviously, but also possibly being put into the official map in a later update (particularly for lot contests) or being given a special skin (exclusive baldspot multiplayer skin, anyone?)

Obviously, this is all just an idea, and I'm sure that the devs have plenty enough on their plate, but with the building editor released I would imagine that this would be something plenty of people in the community would appreciate. It could also lower the workload by crowd-sourcing some of the map construction, so there's that. Cheers!

Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm not proposing for this to start immediately, but it's something that could happen in a few weeks or months, when a few tutorials are posted for it and people have gotten a chance to play around with it. This is the suggestions page so I'm not expecting it to be implemented immediately!