breaching doors without sledgehammers?

Octopus91

I was playing PZ and it got me thinking why do i need to search for a sledgehammer to get through locked doors if i have a crowbar, so hear me out.

I have 3 ideas for new breaching mechanics.

1. pry open door with a crowbar, (if you have a crowbar in Your inventory and R-click a door, you get an option to pry open them. basically your character will attempt to force open these doors with a crowbar, opening them isn't guaranteed, but everytime you try there is a bigger chance to do so. (every attempt attracts zombies from medium range))

2. pry open garage door with crowbar + car jack. (Your character lifts the garage door with crowbar and puts a car jack under it so then he can lift the door.  this a 2 step procedure and it's way more dangerous than You think. While lifting the garage door on a car jack a there is a random time of how long the jack will withstand it, so for example after 45 seconds the jack breaks, and closes the door with a loud noise, killing everything that is under it, 

3. kick doors. Kinda self explanatory, you just kick the door until it opens. military/ trekking boots have the biggest chance to open doors, aswell as the lowest chance to injure your foot. kicking doors is loud and inneficient, but it might be useful in last resort scenarios, where it is your only way out. 

On 2/27/2022 at 10:13 AM, getstoopid said:

You can crash down doors with an axe or crowbar - at least these are the weapons I do it with. Just hit it in combat stance. This also works on fence gates like those at the military zone near louisville.

Any weapon (Except non-incendiary explosives and firearms) can work, and yes you can shove doors down it just takes 5 ever

• 4 months later...