[build41.66] ISVehicleMenu.lua doesn't match the one on the server

Axezombie

Hi, I can't join any server because of this file: ISVehicleMenu.lua 

I tried to delete it then check the files via Steam to get it back, didn't work.

I tried to uninstall completely the game and even delete Zomboid folder, didn't work.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks

Sans titre.png

Ok it works on another server, so yes it must be a server issue but some players are playing right now on this server https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/zomboid/13794042 so I don't know what to think, maybe they shared this file to players or not properly updated, as you said, on both client and server side

Anyway thanks,

Edited by Axezombie

ok now on another server I'm missing ISStatisticsUI.lua and can't download it via Steam...

edit: well I'm missing another file... fishing_properties, but I could find them on my old PC so it's okay, I can play now.

To other players,  DON'T UNINSTALL YOUR GAME else you're going to have a bad time like I do

Edited by Axezombie

Hi, im having the same issue. Yesterday i updated my dedicated server and now everybody is getting that message.... Maybe the problem is some mod.... im going to check that...

Edited by Regu

Hey

I had this issue aswell.

Seems like my local file had some lines missing:

line 843-847: 

if vehicle:isEngineWorking() then

vehicle:setRegulator(false) 

vehicle:engineDoIdle() 

vehicle:engineDoStarting() 

end

After putting these back in my local \Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\client\Vehicles\ISUI\ISVehicleMenu.lua

Connection to the server worked again.

alternatively if you run the server yourself, compare the files and make changes accordingly

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing this a lot on our dedicated server, which is hosted by GTX Gaming in UK, so it doesn't seem tied to any single service provider and I'm 99% sure it's not related to any mods that we're running.

As a workaround, we found that copying the ISVehicleMenu.lua file from folks who could connect (or from the host) and distributing it to other users would work 100% of the time. I've attached the ISVehicleMenu.lua that's been working for the players in my server.

1. First, ALWAYS back-up your original ISVehicleMenu.lua file in your Project Zomboid directory (steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\client\Vehicles\ISUI), by copying it and pasting it somewhere else (e.g. your desktop or anywhere outside of the Zomboid directory).
    • If you do not know how to find your Project Zomboid directory described in the error message, then Steam users can do the following: from your Steam Library, right-click Project Zomboid > Properties > Local Files > then click "Browse."
    • This will open your file explorer. From there, click the folders "Media" then "lua" then "client" then "Vehicles" then the "ISUI" folder.
    • Find the ISVehicleMenu.lua here, then copy & paste it on your desktop or anywhere OUTSIDE of the Zomboid folder. 
      • If you leave a back-up copy of it inside this folder (e.g. by renaming it), you're going to run into problems with the server trying to validate the back-up file. DO NOT create a back-up of this lua file inside this folder.
  2. Download the new ISVehicleMenu.lua attached to this post (or get a known good copy of this file from your host or another client who IS able to connect to the server).
  3. Place the known good ISVehicleMenu.lua file in this same directory: steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\client\Vehicles\ISUI
  4. Overwrite if prompted. Again, make sure you've backed up your original lua file before overwriting!

This has worked for every single client who ran into this issue on my server, and it seems more people encounter this than not. If my ISVehicleMenu.lua does not work for you, then you'll need your host to provide you with a copy from the server's files or get a copy of it from another player who is actually able to connect. Really not sure what's going on, hope TIS can check on this. 

On 2/27/2022 at 10:36 AM, Beard said:

Delete the Lua folder in the path that it shows you, then verify your game files.

For the record, when we first encountered this issue with my group, deleting the file and verifying game files did not work for any of us. The server itself is running a different version and we're not sure why. Even more puzzling, if it was a server-side issue, then how come it's sporadic on the client-side? About half of us were able to connect without issue, yet some of the regulars and newcomers were encountering the error. Seems really bizarre. This issue first started on 2/25/2022 for us, which I believe is the day build 41.66 (stable) landed.

ISVehicleMenu.lua

Edited by SPARTANVI

Update to the above post. I've found the difference between the two luas begins in record 843 thru 847. Specifically this argument is missing from the game files, but it's present in ISVehicleMenu.lua that's been working for my server and clients: 

if vehicle:isEngineWorking() then
                vehicle:setRegulator(false)
                vehicle:engineDoIdle()
                vehicle:engineDoStarting()
        end

image.thumb.png.5ff02e07b4e6302306a9caba71c2c669.png

Looking at the syntax, I'm wondering if this is why folks in our server have noticed some issues with cars not starting properly when the driver enters the car from any other seat other than the driver's seat first (e.g. entering the car from the passenger side, then moving to the driver seat will bug the car and it will not start).

There was a small update that might not have been pushed properly to either the server and client. Usually if both the server and client do a clean reinstall both of the files should be exactly the same and this error should never happen. Steam verification is unreliable in this regard unless you specifically delete the file, which is what I usually suggest.