My corpse disappeared

Pskov

Within 5 mins i had 2 corpses disappear.  First i died inside a garage and when i returned the corpse was moaning.  I couldnt attack it with baseball bat and when i got close it pushed the body around.  I eventually killed it with a hunting knife but didnt get the icon to loot it.  So i restarted the game and the corpse was just gone.

Second death was from burning and apparently the grass caught on fire from my death and the corpse was just a charred pile (unlootable) when i returned to the site.

I had this bug too in single player, I guess it happens when you quit the game before waiting for your character to stand up as a zombie, or maybe it is when you quit while your character is trying to stand up leading to the game thinking you're still a corpse but also a zombie... 

Anyway, to avoid this bug you better wait for your character to stand up before quitting.

For your second death it's not a bug at all, as you said your corpse burnt to ashes so of course there is nothing to loot

• 1 month later...

In the end i found a solution to this.  I hit the corpse with a vehicle and it stood up and wandered off.  Apparently the issue is the corpse is stuck to the ground and cant get up.  After clipping it with the car i was able to get out and kill it and loot my stuff.

• 1 year later...