tool tip system for weapons

darthdraken

Ok then but does that mean you need training to use a weapon.

Example.

Sword.. If not trained with it you have a real chance of hurting yourself with all the swinging.

Also if you dont know the stats of a weapon then you must not know how to fire it. Clean it and make it safe.

Knowing what your weapon can or cant do and how it performs is all part of training with a weapon.

Training through reading books like guns and ammo mags would help. Also using weapons would help to improve your skill. Or being trained by a person with said experience.

I know from experience an average assault rifle (example 5.56 british rifle) has an accurancy of around 30 meters, a mag size of 30 rounds and and auto and semi fire option. Now add on scopes or tactical sites then suppressors or even a longer barrel or under barrel grip. Has good and bad effects on a weapon.

Then you have weather and firing it, weather can rust the gas parts and sliding block, and if you over oil it can create excess smoke when firing. And to top it off if not cleaned after every action is subject to jamming due to carbon build up around the breach and gas plug areas.

So having a learn able tool tip for basic info would be a good idea.

But thats my opinion.

Meh, I don´t like stats like this to be implemented. How does a average person know the damage done by a weapon or even the accuracy.

As for the mags: In previous builds it alreadye was like that, don´t know if it is when changing the reload difficulty to hard.

Im not sure I agree with this reasoning.  Sometimes stats give you what a game cannot.  

Example:  A hammer used in a game that has a very lower range of animations as zombiod does vs real life.

Game:  I swing, zombie sometimes falls, sometimes pushed back, sometimes stands there, i swing i swing, zombie dies.

Real life:  I get a feel for the heft, I get to see the and feel the impact of bones crunching along with the sound.  I KNOW how much damage I dealt.   

Since a game can not give me those types of feedback moments, that is where stats come into play to compensate.  Yes its 'gamey', but zomboid is a game and not real life.

PZ is above all else a game that strives NOT to be gamey; the pursuit of immersion is one of the biggest goals I've seen.

The fact remains that while you may not get "a feel for the heft" of a weapon that,

A) You could never represent that in any remotely accurate way in a game, and

B) You still gain a feel for how the weapons perform by using them in game, which is in fact the best substitution for "getting a feel" possible.