Campfire trouble

EQOAnostalgia

Anyone having trouble with campfires? It tells me i can put it out, but i see no flame, i hear no crackling, and food doesn't cook. I try to use a lighter and kindling near it and nothing happens... What am i doing wrong, or is this a bug?

Yesterday I could not start a fire until the third time I created and used kindling. When you "Light fire with kindling" it takes several seconds and you will see a progress bar. Once it ignites I get reddish light from the fire and usually hear crackling. Then I add a plank and log for fuel.

Kindling is inconsistent in my experience. Sometimes I have thrown away kindling and constructed more in order to start a fire. I wish it would disappear when it was used because sometimes it is not consumed on use and then it will not work if you try it again.  Also, it won't start in the rain. yesterday I could not start a fire with a garage roof overhead when it was raining. I was not getting wet but I could not start the fire.  I need to check to see if that was a fluke or a bug. I did not have time to due further testing.

• 3 weeks later...

yea im having this same problem. First time ive actually used the campfire and the kindling doesnt work for me, tried making 3 different pieces of kindling but eventually the only way i could get it going was with a gas can and a lighter.

I got it to work yesterday. Made 3 kindling equiped as primary and lighter as secondary. When i click on the fire pit it says - light with kindling. After several trys - some times the kindling fails - it will ignite and turn red with crackling sfx. Then with a log in your inv - you can click on the fire to fuel it with a log. Just had hot soup for the first time since power went out - it was a good day

Does anyone know how long a campfire continues to burn for after lighting it, and how long different fuels such as planks or logs will keep it burning?

I started putting campfires on the corners of the block where my safehouse compound sits to try to lure in zombies for a laugh, since the meta-events don't seem to migrate them in my direction from downtown West Point. I'd like to know how long I can fuel a fire for, barring rain, before I have to restart them again.

Archived