Any point in barricading walls?

Invader Jim

Wooden pillars: are they necessary for supporting higher floors, or merely a cosmetic addition, and do they serve to strengthen player-made walls?

E.g. *---*---*---*  (* = wooden pillar, --- = 1 wall section)

Or are they only really needed to add corner pieces where two walls meet at 90 degrees, in order to prevent zombies peering through the gap?

The latter. You and zombies can actually clip through that corner if you don't build it shut.

Wooden pillars: are they necessary for supporting higher floors, or merely a cosmetic addition, and do they serve to strengthen player-made walls?

Or are they only really needed to add corner pieces where two walls meet at 90 degrees, in order to prevent zombies peering through the gap?

The latter. You and zombies can actually clip through that corner if you don't build it shut.

Thanks for the heads up on that, I didn't know about the corners with pillars. On my corner of built walls, I have had a couple walkers come up and start hitting my walls don't know if it was me making noise or just them seeing me or whatever, but I will have to start working with pillars on corners just to try and make it a little safer. Every little bit helps.

Just started to build fortifications around my safe house, as it took me over 2 in game weeks to even find one axe let alone the three I found when I did find one.

Thanks for the heads up on that, I didn't know about the corners with pillars. On my corner of built walls, I have had a couple walkers come up and start hitting my walls don't know if it was me making noise or just them seeing me or whatever, but I will have to start working with pillars on corners just to try and make it a little safer. Every little bit helps.

Just started to build fortifications around my safe house, as it took me over 2 in game weeks to even find one axe let alone the three I found when I did find one.

Some corners I can squeeze through and some I can't. I test all corners as soon as I build them to see if they need a pillar/post.  Frankly I think all corners should require a pillar.

Archived