Computer shuts down during initial game load

KiYaaaaaahKel

Question

Hi everyone, was looking for a bit of help on this issue. Every time I launch PZ, I get as far as the first indie stone logo appearing before my computer shuts down. Using HWMonitor, I can see that in the moments before shutdown, the CPU temps are hitting 100 degrees for some cores. I'm not sure what could be causing this for PZ, when my computer happily plays everything else and the temps don't usually go above 60/70 for the CPU. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, launching through the .bat and x64.exe rather than Steam but the same thing happens - I know why the computer is shutting down, I just can't figure out what's causing the CPU to go into overdrive to the point where it turns off to save itself. Can anyone offer any suggestions? :(

MoBo: Asus ROG Strix B560-F
CPU: Intel Core i5 11600K
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3080ti
Monitor: Acer Predator X34P

Not sure if any more info would help

7 answers to this question

Thanks for the info, from what I can tell is that the game isn't the one causing this most likely, though PZ does use 100% of the CPU power when loading all the necessary files, which likely overburdens your PC and causes a crash. Can I ask if you have overclocked your processor? Or if your PC has a good enough power supply, or whether it is faulty, since all of these could cause a crash.

I would also recommend running some kind of CPU stress test, since this would indicate that the PC cannot handle high CPU loads, something like this? Put it to all your cores and max power. Or you can use CPU-Z to do a stress test too.
https://cpux.net/cpu-stress-test-online

Yeah it's so strange. No overclocking and a Corsair AX1200i in terms of my PSU - I've ran the CPU-Z stress test for around 10 mins and no shutdown, though HWMon does tell me that the temps are in the high 90's :(

Thanks for trying to help though, I'll just have to leave it for now I guess

Archived