Crafting other then woods

Yorny1

I dont know if someone has already suggested that, but will it be possible or will it be implemented in the near future, to craft other then using woods ? 

- adding Scrap metals (like in Dayz)

- can repair generator, cars

- crafting pots, shelf in metal, guns, doors, 

- Can barricades or make the wall stronger.

- adding plastic parts

- Can craft or repair Iphone (Mp3), can make bucket in plastics, Box...can plastify things to make it more resistant...

But for Crafting metal you have to be lvl 4, but only certain things, but lvl5 is all things you can craft and repair

and Crafthing or repairing with Platics its lvl 3. 

I hope its a good idea. :) 

Although it is not in the commonly suggested suggestions, I swear I have heard that this is planned. Though like Fj said, has to be realistic & there is no way someone could craft or repair the working parts of an mp3 player, a generator would be more workable than that but its not something that a random guy would be able to fiddle around with & get much in the way of results.... building a gun is just plain retarded :huh:

Fabricating is a COMPLETELY different skill set to Carpentry, treat metal like you do wood & you will get nowhere, treat wood like you do metal & your gonna make one HELL of a mess (Trust me, I have a trade qualification in Welding/Fabricating & even I have done this  :blush:)

The way I see it done would be:-

• Fabricating is a new skill
  • lower levels of fabricating require nuts & bolts to fasten basic metal objects (fences, barricades, etc.)
  • higher levels of fabricating can "craft" solid, indestructible objects but require welders, grinders, drop saws & "real" materials (no scrap metal) which will be in limited numbers & hard to transport 
  • Include different types of welders, GMAW being the easiest to use but requires a large unit & gas source. MMAW is harder to use but can be used from the players inventory. GTAW is hard to use but is REQUIRED for complex builds.... * harder to use = higher level fabricating
  • trolleys for transporting large welding units, gas, matierials
  • generators required for higher level builds after the power goes out (obviously)

I have been thinking seriously about modding all of this, certain I can do it all (other than the pushable objects - the fact that the devs haven't re-added wheelie bins makes me think they are going to change the way they work) but I think ZedHead might cry if I start working on another mod before updating/expanding NecroForge :P

This is all planned. Welding, masonry ect.

Remember, stuff has to be realistic, while you may be able to use scraps of plastic from, say, a chair, to build a bucket (by gluing or melting strips together), you wouldn't be able to make anything complex.

OOh yea yea i know i meant like using plastic to repair the cover of a iphone or mp3 not the inside, sorry because i was thinking of the outside not the inside or the iphone. but true must be realistic

Another good idea as your previous one for the zombies (Zeds). +1 from me mate. But i guess this will take some time to be add in the game, its a lot of work.

Cheers

thx mate thx alot :) 

Although it is not in the commonly suggested suggestions, I swear I have heard that this is planned. Though like Fj said, has to be realistic & there is no way someone could craft or repair the working parts of an mp3 player, a generator would be more workable than that but its not something that a random guy would be able to fiddle around with & get much in the way of results.... building a gun is just plain retarded :huh:

Fabricating is a COMPLETELY different skill set to Carpentry, treat metal like you do wood & you will get nowhere, treat wood like you do metal & your gonna make one HELL of a mess (Trust me, I have a trade qualification in Welding/Fabricating & even I have done this  :blush:)

The way I see it done would be:-

• Fabricating is a new skill
  • lower levels of fabricating require nuts & bolts to fasten basic metal objects (fences, barricades, etc.)
  • higher levels of fabricating can "craft" solid, indestructible objects but require welders, grinders, drop saws & "real" materials (no scrap metal) which will be in limited numbers & hard to transport 
  • Include different types of welders, GMAW being the easiest to use but requires a large unit & gas source. MMAW is harder to use but can be used from the players inventory. GTAW is hard to use but is REQUIRED for complex builds.... * harder to use = higher level fabricating
  • trolleys for transporting large welding units, gas, matierials
  • generators required for higher level builds after the power goes out (obviously)

I have been thinking seriously about modding all of this, certain I can do it all (other than the pushable objects - the fact that the devs haven't re-added wheelie bins makes me think they are going to change the way they work) but I think ZedHead might cry if I start working on another mod before updating/expanding NecroForge :P

thats awesome, 

Simple electronics like sensors powered by car batteries or other portable rechargeable power sources, some wire & wielding skills.

Crafting small explosives and mines to protect the perimeter. 

Planned. Mondoid about this.

Nope, discussed and even if you could:

A- Find some kind of explosive 

B- Move it to your safe house

C- Rig it so it would actually explode

C- Not blow your face off while do all of this

The explosion would be completely ineffective against zombies, it would be so loud that zombies from another continent would get drawn towards it and there are many better ways of killing NPCs. 

Welcome to the forums, mind the hoards.

I was just thinking that maybe electric fences powered by generators like in episode 2 of Telltale Games the Walking Dead, though one might wonder at how an electric fence is supposed to "kill" a zombie.... Current passing through their heads would only occur if they touched the fence with their head :huh:

The electric shock will cook their brain, so they're  literally dead

I was just thinking that maybe electric fences powered by generators like in episode 2 of Telltale Games the Walking Dead, though one might wonder at how an electric fence is supposed to "kill" a zombie.... Current passing through their heads would only occur if they touched the fence with their head :huh:

Nope, would take a HUGE amount of current. Heck, traditional fences may not put out enough to kill a human let alone a zombie.

The thing with that and zombies is you need to actually determine how a zombie operates. Electric shocks mainly have an affect on the muscles and nerves. It's been discussed that zombies don't really have the same CNS which is why explosions are ineffective on them.

Nope, would take a HUGE amount of current. Heck, traditional fences may not put out enough to kill a human let alone a zombie.

Really depends on the human, common electric fences that you find on farmlands aren't enough to kill someone, as is most electric fences. Only things that I think could generate such a power would be lightning and a power station. Those will mess you up.

Do zombies even have a CNS?

Kind of the question revolving around my point whether they do or not. I don't think they do personally, but I'm not the be all end all person to make that decision.

Edit: LIES ALL LIES, they must, since the CNS includes the brain. So zombies must have some form of CNS.

I'm under the impression (correct me if I'm wrong) that most deaths by electrocution are actually due to cardiac arrest after the current has passed through the persons heart.... If its not passing through a "weak" spot, current & voltage are largely irrelevant unless your talking about a ridiculously large number

The thing with that and zombies is you need to actually determine how a zombie operates. Electric shocks mainly have an affect on the muscles and nerves. It's been discussed that zombies don't really have the same CNS which is why explosions are ineffective on them.

I think I would prefer not to have electric fences than to start going into that much detail, was only thinking about weather or not an electric fence would kill a zombie. Electric fences incapacitating zombies would require expanding the lore :)

I'm under the impression (correct me if I'm wrong) that most deaths by electrocution are actually due to cardiac arrest after the current has passed through the persons heart.... If its not passing through a "weak" spot, current & voltage are largely irrelevant unless your talking about a ridiculously large number

I think I would prefer not to have electric fences than to start going into that much detail, was only thinking about weather or not an electric fence would kill a zombie. Electric fences incapacitating zombies would require expanding the lore :)

CNS can affect the heart IIRC, but yeah for someone living that would most likely be the thing that kills them, their heart shutting down.

The Zombie Survival Guide:

Page 56-57,

"5. Electrocution

As the zombies muscular system is basically that of a human, electricity does have the ability to temporary stun or paralyze its body. Lethal results have been seen in only extreme cases such as power lines used to completely char a zombies brain. This is not a "wonder weapon"-the current that runs through power lines is enough to burn almost organic matter, living or undead, to a crisp. It requires twice the voltage to stun a zombie that it does to stun a human, so common taser guns are ineffective. Electricity has been used to create a temporary barrier with water filed, electrified ditches to keep ghouls paralyzed long enough for a secondary fatal method to be employed. Several such incidents have been recorded over the years."

The Zombie Survival Guide:

Page 56-57,

"5. Electrocution

As the zombies muscular system is basically that of a human, electricity does have the ability to temporary stun or paralyze its body. Lethal results have been seen in only extreme cases such as power lines used to completely char a zombies brain. This is not a "wonder weapon"-the current that runs through power lines is enough to burn almost organic matter, living or undead, to a crisp. It requires twice the voltage to stun a zombie that it does to stun a human, so common taser guns are ineffective. Electricity has been used to create a temporary barrier with water filed, electrified ditches to keep ghouls paralyzed long enough for a secondary fatal method to be employed. Several such incidents have been recorded over the years."

I really need to find/rebuy that book. IT's the font of all knowledge.

Well, given that PZ is partly based on ZSG.... Its the font of all PZ answers  :P

Still get ready for a dull read.... unless you like technobabble....

The fact that he is talking about a subject I enjoy is irrelevant to the fact that he is just dribbling shit for 260ish pages.... There's no story involved.

Don't get me wrong, that's just my opinion & I know I'm using the the word Technobabble loosely.

Well, given that PZ is partly based on ZSG.... Its the font of all PZ answers  :P

Still get ready for a dull read.... unless you like technobabble....

The fact that he is talking about a subject I enjoy is irrelevant to the fact that he is just dribbling shit for 260ish pages.... There's no story involved.

Don't get me wrong, that's just my opinion & I know I'm using the the word Technobabble loosely.

Do not find that at all. Then again, this is coming from the guy who reads survival guides for fun.

Simple electronics like sensors powered by car batteries or other portable rechargeable power sources, some wire & wielding skills.

Crafting small explosives and mines to protect the perimeter. 

Planned. Mondoid about this.

Nope, discussed and even if you could:

A- Find some kind of explosive 

B- Move it to your safe house

C- Rig it so it would actually explode

C- Not blow your face off while do all of this

The explosion would be completely ineffective against zombies, it would be so loud that zombies from another continent would get drawn towards it and there are many better ways of killing NPCs. 

Welcome to the forums, mind the hoards.

Thank you, this seems a nice enough community  :cool:

Sound indeed, I wonder if in the future the living will have to be feared also.